ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Splitting an .obj into rooms

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Splitting an .obj into rooms Reply with quote Back to top

How do I go about doing this? I need to split the Halo maps I'm doing, and was wondering if anyone could take a look at them (I laid out the process to get them) or give me an idea. Thanks

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the most obvious way would be editing it using a CAD program, I guess.

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

See even if I had the CAD program, I wouldn't have the slightest idea what to do lol

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think there are other ways.
OBJ files are text based (although I read there's also a binary format) so you could hand edit them, but I don't think that's a reasonable way of doing it.

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

anyone please???? i tried separating the .obj into two .obj and grouping each into 2 rooms, and doing it like that but when i export bg file nothing shows up. it has to be split before its converted to .obj or it has to be edited in a 3d modeling program, i have blender and tried importing but have not the slightest clue how to go about splitting it.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you read this?

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Smile yes i actually have and the part where im stuck is the beginning(the rest i get) cuz i don't know HOW to split into rooms, and i've tried just grouping "usemtl *********
g Room01
f 001/etc"

but it doesnt work. And I don't know how to get a floorplan, if its needed.

I don't want to come off as lazy, cuz I have actually done some hard work trying to do this but to no avail, and the two programs I have that I can open and "edit" the .obj with (Blender and Right Hemisphere's Deep Exploratoin) I don't know how to go about splitting into rooms

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

if anyone wants to take a look at it, here is what u need
hangemhigh.zip

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure how to do it either, the model editor I used to use wouldn't let me group rooms from exported maps, only ones I created myself, which was annoying. You shouldn't need the floorplan anymore, the setup editor's clipping editor has gotten a big improvement since that was written.

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

true that but its like u say my exported map cant be split into rooms becuz when i convert it to ge level and export the bg file, it gets messed up. i need to edit the .obj in a modeling software or hammer but i have no idea how to

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

r.e.l. 237 wrote:
true that but its like u say my exported map cant be split into rooms becuz when i convert it to ge level and export the bg file, it gets messed up. i need to edit the .obj in a modeling software or hammer but i have no idea how to

As I said yesterday, I suggest contacting BillyGlenn. He got the original Complex with textures into Hammer. I'm sure he wouldn't mind teaching you how to do it....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: