ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Brand new textures for GE via Wally....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Brand new textures for GE via Wally.... Reply with quote Back to top

Downloaded Wally last night, as well as a few bmp textures I'd like to import into GE. To do that, I must make a .wad in Wally for Hammer. I've noticed that there is a "Batch Conversion" under File, in Wally, but I don't know how to use this to make .wads. Can anyone tell me how to make .wads in Wally?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, now that I've got the program again I can walk you through this. Go to File -> New and select Half-Life Package. A new window will pop up, ignore it for now and go to Package -> Add Images, the batch conversion window will pop up, select the directory with your images and click Go. Be patient, when everything is converted the conversion summary window will pop up, if you try clicking Close before it does the program will crash. Once it pops up you're safe to close it and the batch conversion window. Now you should see your textures in the window from before, check them out and make sure they converted nicely, then go to File -> Save As and save your new wad.

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When i click go, I seem to get an error at the bottom of the window

"Nothing to Convert!"

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, change the image wildcards to whatever extension your textures are using (Most likely *.bmp, *.gif, *.jpg, or *.png).

(Skorpion)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Queston regarding making .wad files.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, you should keep your textures as separate images, but they all go into the same wad. They don't have to be in one wad, but it's more convenient that way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: