ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[MISSION] KAIENTAI Frigate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TAKA Michinoku9.1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: [MISSION] KAIENTAI Frigate Reply with quote Back to top

The kaientai frigate mission is complete and should be on the Goldeneyevault later tonight sorry about no link to post now but SubDrag will post on vault and either he will post the link here or i will.
Everybody get ready for the 3rd exciting installment of the KAIENTAI RO&D Mission Wink

"For over 30 Years the IRA showed that the British Government could not rule Ireland on its on terms. You asserted the right of the people of this island to freedom and independance, many of your comrades have paid the ultimate sacrafice in order to bring the freedom struggle forward towards its obtainment."
Gerry Adams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V3AEgStKvE

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Posted!

http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=132

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I must saying, we never got to really use the RCP90 in solo, and it's superb.

Taka problem - it crashed when I killed the civilian guy in engine room

TAKA Michinoku9.1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thats odd i will look into it because it has randomly crashed on me before to when i was turning a corner facing the helicoptor maybe the level just does that did you try it a second time because it didn't freeze on me 2nd time around or it could be something wrong which is odd because i killed him multiple times without it freezing Confused

"For over 30 Years the IRA showed that the British Government could not rule Ireland on its on terms. You asserted the right of the people of this island to freedom and independance, many of your comrades have paid the ultimate sacrafice in order to bring the freedom struggle forward towards its obtainment."
Gerry Adams

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, those kind of crashes can be really irritating. There are a few like that in my Silo mission, I could not figure out what was causing them no matter how many times I went over my action blocks. I haven't had a chance to play this yet, but I'll let you know if I have any problems with it.

TAKA Michinoku9.1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hope you enjoy it and maybe even kill my comrades Sad we will see Wink

Gerry Adams

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I completed it on Agent, but it crashed when killing the guy with the terrorist head on Secret Agent. Agent was pretty fun, I missed the key in the engine room so I ran around lost for a while. The ending was pretty clever, I liked that. One thing I noticed, you should add the "area behind door invisible" or "area behind door visible" flags to your doors. Either of them will stop the doors from being partially invisible when fully opened. You'll need to experiment to find which one works better, invisible makes sure any portals behind the door are closed, but that sometimes causes an issue where you can see the sky through the area around the door. If that happens you'll want to use visible instead.

TAKA Michinoku9.1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok i will note that and keep it in mind in future it does seem to randomly freeze sorry i can't do anything about it i don't know what is going wrong Confused but i know it happens sometimes Sad there is also one particular guard in temple and sometimes when i kill him it freezes and other times it doesn't it can't really be an action block problem since he is set to Random Animations Until Detection Confused i think i will remove him he doesn't matter in the level just another useless drone Rolling Eyes he is no main part Smile
I cannot wait until my temples release if you thought KAIENTAI Frigate was good wait till everybody see's The Chinese Temple where you rescue HO HSIEN-KU and talk to a secret friend of mine "?" Wink

Gerry Adams

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, another thing to keep in mind is that emulation isn't perfect, I've had the unmodified game crash on me quiet a few times. Just last night I was playing through Silo on 00 Agent and had it crash when I shot a guy just before Ourumov. I think you can write the crashes off as an emulator issue as long as they can't be tied to a certain action block and happen unpredictably.

TAKA Michinoku9.1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah that suits fine its the emulators fault wow that actually takes the whole burden off Very Happy HA HA HA HA HAAA Evil takes no responsibility for emulator issues Laughing

Gerry Adams

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ha, but I better not find any crashes in your new mission that can be tied to a specific guard/block now. Razz

Edit: I completed this on Secret Agent and 00 Agent now, no crashes. Smile

TAKA Michinoku9.1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

in the temple there is no problems so far tied to action blocks which over the past week i have greatly improved at. a few spelling errors in the briefing for temple and a conversation leading to half a word cut off by edge of screen but for one days work it is not bad i will see what SubDrag thinks i have sent him a Beta Sample of it for testing. Great to here you beat the KAIENTAI Force suppose you beat other two levels as well Laughing i wonder how you will fare out against the Temple. If you can find your way about without getting lost Laughing i get lost in my own level Laughing over 10 years and i still get lost in Temple Evil or Very Mad

Gerry Adams

TAKA Michinoku9.1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i don't get killed i just lose my way and forget which door leads where Laughing i do eventually stop heading in circles Laughing and if i have been there already then no harm can come to me apart from the door and barrels which can make problems continue but i doubt anybody understands what i just said well then good its a secret action block or two maybe SubDrag will notice it. Wink

Gerry Adams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: