ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

"No Adaptoids detected - Do you have the driver install

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Timothy1979
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: "No Adaptoids detected - Do you have the driver install Reply with quote Back to top

Hello everyone, and sorry for me english, I'm french... I've searched if this had already been discussed before but found nothing. Here is the problem :

It's been a little while since I didn't play on Project64 (1.6) on my PC. So last day, I plugged the Adaptoid and started playing, but there is a problem with the UP and DOWN controls of the analog stick. To be simple : I started Mario 64, and Mario is very slow if I ask him to move forward or backward. There's absolutely no problem with all the other buttons except the UP and DOWN controls of the analog stick. Mario seems to walk kinda slow or walk by himself when I use the DOWN analog stick. I'ts kinda strange, it does this for every game.

I have 4 Adaptoids, and I have tried to see if the one I was using was broken : the problem is the same with all 4 Adaptoids. I thought my N64 controller might be broken, so I plugged another N64 controller : same problem... Finally, since I didn't touched the settings in my Project64, I decided to take a look at the Plugins : when I choose the Adaptoid Plugin 1.0, Project64 tells me that there are "No Adaptoids detected. Do you have the driver installed ?"

What bugs me is that I didn't do anything... Confused I've downloaded some other Input Plugins but the UP and DOWN controls are still problematic.

Can anyone help me ?

Embarassed

fantsu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What OS?

Check your game controllers from OS settings.
Try to make your controls again (reset the old one fully).
Restart your computer.

Timothy1979
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm on WinXP.

I've reinstalled PJ64, and everything works fine again with Nrage's config.

However, PJ64 still tells me there are no Adaptoids detected... Strange !

radorn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I can help in this one, and it took a while for me to find the solution

I'm assuming you have the adaptoid drivers installed, since you need them for the adaptoid plugin to work. If not, go to adaptoid.com and download them.

Once you have the drivers installed, you have to keep in mind that the adaptoid drivers somehow bind themselves to specific usb ports in the usb hierarchy map.
The drivers need to be reinstalled anytime you add a new adaptoid, or more exactly, each time an adaptoid is connected to a port where there was none when the last installation was performed.

If you have all your adaptoids connected in the ports you plan to use when you installed the drivers, they will show.
If not, don't panic, you don't need to run the installer again.
In the Adaptoid Configurator app, under the File menu, there are two items needed for this.
"Check Devices" and "Reinstall Drivers"
Have your adaptoids plugged in and then just try clicking either or both until all your adaptoids appear correctly.

I'm guessing that the port-binding behavior was implemented for the purpose of having consistent controller numbering across boots, un/plugs, etc, so the port that was player 1 in a given session is always player 1 and so on.

fantsu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radorn wrote:
Well, I can help in this one, and it took a while for me to find the solution

I'm assuming you have the adaptoid drivers installed, since you need them for the adaptoid plugin to work. If not, go to adaptoid.com and download them.

Once you have the drivers installed, you have to keep in mind that the adaptoid drivers somehow bind themselves to specific usb ports in the usb hierarchy map.
The drivers need to be reinstalled anytime you add a new adaptoid, or more exactly, each time an adaptoid is connected to a port where there was none when the last installation was performed.

If you have all your adaptoids connected in the ports you plan to use when you installed the drivers, they will show.
If not, don't panic, you don't need to run the installer again.
In the Adaptoid Configurator app, under the File menu, there are two items needed for this.
"Check Devices" and "Reinstall Drivers"
Have your adaptoids plugged in and then just try clicking either or both until all your adaptoids appear correctly.

I'm guessing that the port-binding behavior was implemented for the purpose of having consistent controller numbering across boots, un/plugs, etc, so the port that was player 1 in a given session is always player 1 and so on.

just the answer there should be, nice radorn

Timothy1979
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
In the Adaptoid Configurator app, under the File menu, there are two items needed for this. "Check Devices" and "Reinstall Drivers" Have your adaptoids plugged in and then just try clicking either or both until all your adaptoids appear correctly.

The fact is that they don't appear, actually... But, nevermind, it works, so...

Thanks a lot for your help anyway ! Smile

radorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't understand.
are you saying that your adaptoids dont appear in the configurator but you can use them with the adaptoid plugin?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: