ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[Request] Textures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L. Spiro
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: [Request] Textures Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone managed to rip all of the textures from this game?
My searches show that this task is still incomplete, and I can not find any full downloads.

L. Spiro

radorn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The textures are included in the ge setup editor.
They can be found in the romimagesfull subdir under the installation folder.

I'm not sure about whether it represents a complete rip or not. SubDrag, the programmer, should be able to tell you.

Last edited by radorn on Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's 100% complete

L. Spiro
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you but I did not find any textures for Perfect Dark there. Sad

L. Spiro

radorn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry man, I goofed. Embarassed

Anyway, how about this?

http://www.rarewitchproject.com/?id=1309

L. Spiro
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you; this will probably suit my needs.

L. Spiro

L. Spiro
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is this the most complete rip of textures?
At least 3 textures from Grid are missing, or I am blind. If it is my error, feel free to show me the path to enlightenment.

In the main room in Grid (with the glass) there is a G5 texture applied to 2 places. Behind the lower one is a texture used on the pillars and on some other walls in the room (similar to 1FB4E7F 20 40 Type 0A.rom.pj.bmp). It seems to be missing from the pack.
Behind the top one is a small green speckled texture which I also can not find (note that there is a version of that texture in full 128×16 size (1FB5B5D 80 10 Type 0A.rom.pj.bmp) but this not the actual texture used there). Another texture used on the lower back wall to this room also seems to be missing (similar to 1FB583B 20 40 Type 0A.rom.pj.bmp).

L. Spiro

radorn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Again, I can't answer that, but if you see the download's description it may hint to incompleteness:

"Permanently modify 2,750+ textures in Perfect Dark's ROM."

However it is, if you are missing known textures, you may use this method.

There are certain graphics plugins for N64 emulators that offer a functionality for on-the-fly texture replacement, mainly with the intention for users to design higher resolution ones (up to 4x, I think to recall), but also to redesign the look of a given game.
They don't replace textures in the rom, of course, but they "intercept" the normal textures when rendering and instead use custom ones from your harddrive.

To do this, first you need to dump these textures going to a place where that texture appears and the plugin will dump that texture with a hopefully unique name following some scheme of hex address location + something. Don't know exactly. Then you redesign the texture, and the next time you run the emulator, your texture will be used instead of the original.

It's not the most orthodox method, but you may get your missing ones that way.
Note that I have never used any of this myself because my PC is crap and would not be able of running it, so I can't help you with more than this. You should look here:
http://www.emutalk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=110
http://iustrings.com/n64tex/doku.php?id=general_questions

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There were probably 50 textures I couldn't decode due to weird dimensions or format, but almost all of them are there. I don't think the grid one's are missing, probably in a separate section.

L. Spiro
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This fixed the problem.
Thank you.

L. Spiro

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do you know where in the ROM it's missing from? I'd be happy to update the missing ones if you can figure out where it goes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: