ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[Work in Progress] Multiplayer Pak - Surface added 10/02/07
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00Dark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice job BMW! Mr. Green

Wow, this is certainly a nice multiplayer value pack. I like how it is all crammed in a single IPS patch. Much simpler.

So are you just remaking all of your GameShark code levels in the editor? (those were wicked, btw Razz ) I mean like Aztec Bay and Control, etc. and all those others that are now in the GoldenEye Codes forum which were made by you. You should definately do it! Those would be great if they were remade in the editor. You could spice them up greatly without even worrying about the number 251! Razz

Thanks again great hacker. Wink

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had actually planned to get back to work on this this week but a nasty head cold/virus struck me. Can't concentrate on anything, let alone hacking.

The remaining 3 slots will be Statue Midzone, a modified version of my library mission map as an MP map, and the final slot is still up in the air. I had wanted to do an Aztec bay-type map, but it requires clipping mods I'm not sure if I can pull off in the editor. I also may have a few minor clipping mods to still make to the surface.

btw - over Christmas, I actually got to play a few of these levels with family/friends on an actual computer with actual N-64 controllers - we set the COUNTER value to 1 and we were all absolutely shocked at just how smooth the game played. Even on 4 players.

00Dark

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lucky you! Razz I've always wanted to play 4 player GoldenEye on an emulator using controllers. I just never get the chance.

I'll probably never be able to do that, but it's still nice to finally be able to play GoldenEye online, especially since no one at my house usually wants to play. Rolling Eyes

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hi i have tried this map pack and i am pretty amazed at how functional the maps like dam and depot are compared to the ones in the multi as solo map pack

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

im just wondering what the missing slots maps will be? keep up the good work

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did put a considerable amount of time into testing each stage and doing what was necessary to keep framerates reasonable.

I really do need to get this thing finished. Maybe I should use the Courtyard to fill one of the 3 remaining slots.

Now that I am proficient with clipping, I may very well also do another aztec midzone.

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i tried the courtyard it is a tad bit laggy compared to other maps but it is a huge step forward for you guys and it is pretty nice for sniping and all around combat, not too big but complex enough

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I thought it lagged a bit too, but everybody I had test it pre-release said it ran flawlessly.

Depends on your computer specs, I guess.

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

its good though, by the way the door physics, opening patterns and overall design is nothing like the games right? cuz in the game u can not face the door but be close enough to close it yet in that map u have to face the door. also magnum bullets appear to not hurt people at all even though they go through.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There should be an object flag that you can set to allow bullets - which are strong enough - to penetrate through the door. I'm guessing that they just weren't setup that way. Either BMW did it that way on purpose, or wasn't aware of the flag at the time.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've added this to the vault, but I will update the zip (and date, version) when you update it. I did this so people don't overlook it!

http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=110

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's fine, though I will be basically revamping this entire pak with numerous improvements.

I will continue with new versions (latest was v7, I'll go up a full version number when a whole new level is added, up a .1 when a level is improved)

I would like to have 2 versions of the final pak too - one with my customized weapon set and 1/2 strength body armor, and one NGPA version.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think we would do what Wreck did and include both in the same zip file.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I played around with some modifications to the bottling room - removed the large pipe to open up the upper area, then added a blue light.

man-van-de-akka
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you these levels also voor for the console?
the train with outside?
the dam with al objects and the others?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: