ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Using Code Generator On Donkey Kong 64

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Using Code Generator On Donkey Kong 64 Reply with quote Back to top

I used the Zelda keycode on my Gameshark Pro 3.3 to run Donkey Kong 64 with my Gameshark. It works, but the site I downloaded the cheat codes from, it said:

===========================================
DONKEY KONG 64

Use the Zelda Keycode

Do NOT have the code generator turned on
============================

What's wrong with using the Code Generator? How am I supposed to hack new codes on this game? Will it just crash the game, screw up my key codes, or fry my Gameshark Pro, or what? Is there any danger? Or does it make the codes just not work?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Basically, the code generator uses the expansion pack for the feature to work. Donkey Kong 64 relies on the expansion pack, so the game would probably freeze if loaded with the code generator on. (Correct me if i'm wrong anyone!)

The codes that were hacked were probably done via emulation and a Hex editor.

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Cheating Donkey Kong 64 Reply with quote Back to top

Well there is a way cheat DK 64 and other games that require the expansion pack with a Gameshark. I read in an article. One has to have a special code that will force Donkey Kong 64 to run in 4 MB mode instead of 8 MB. From what I heard you say it sounds like it would just freeze and not fry or corrupt my cartridge or gameshark or anything. This is good.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The worst that COULD happen is losing a game save.

I wouldn't worry about that though as I have been hacking N64 games for about 10 years now, and I haven't had any saves deleted via hacking using an Action Replay/Game Shark.

As for hacking games that require an expansion pack, I have heard of codes that force games to use 4MB instead of 8MB - haven't really tried them though! Smile

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote Back to top

Sweet! Wonderful to hear. I love hacking. i will cheat it with the 4 MB code then.

radorn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://doc.kodewerx.org/hacking_n64.html#hack_enablers_force_size

It may not fully work with games that make use of the expansion pak for IMPORTANT stuff.

These codes seem to just make the game work as if not expansion pak is present so you can have it for hacking, but there are games that won't run (or will be severely crippled) if they can't use the expansion pak, so it's not necesarily bound to work properly.

Donkey Kong 64, as I understand, is one game that can't run without the extra ram and uses it for important stuff like textures, models, samples, etc, not just a higher resolution video mode, so it won't run if it can't use the extra ram.

There's also this:

Perfect Trainer http://doc.kodewerx.org/tools.html#n64
Download it and read the doc.

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote Back to top

ah. I did not know this. I will check the article out. Or move it to my PSP for offline light reading.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Donkey Kong 64 came packaged with Expansion Pak, since the game can't run without it. This ticked a lot of people off who had purchased an Expansion Pak prior to getting DK64. I wasn't all too happy, myself. Afterall, those things weren't exactly cheap when they first came out.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes that is annoying.

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I cheated it with my Force 8MB Expansion Exclude code, and Donkey Kong 64 told me it did not have an expansion pak. Won;t even start. I tried the special code that makes 7/8 of the expansion pak used and 1/8 left over for code generation, but no avail. And Donkey Kong 64 will freeze with the code generator on at all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: