ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Code Entry FAQ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Code Entry FAQ Reply with quote Back to top

CODE ENTRY FAQ

I) Console - Gameshark Codes
1) Things you will need:
a) N64 console
b) N64 Memory Expansion Pak
c) N64 Gameshark 3.2
d) Computer with a parallel port (25-pin printer port)
e) 25-pin Male to Female cable
f) GSCC software for Windows 98/2000
OR
f) GSCC software for Windows XP

2) If you can't find a Gameshark v3.2 (they are VERY hard to find) then you'll have to settle for a Gameshark v3.3. If your gameshark 3.3 does not have a working LED light (and most of them don't), you will have to enter codes BY HAND in which case you won't need the items listed in d, e, and f above. Or if you already own one, a gameshark 3.0 will also work.

3) Entering codes by hand is simple but tedious (though well worth the effort). All you have to do is create a new code for each section of code you see in the code lists.

4) If you have the luxury of a working gameshark which is compatible with your computer, then you can upload codes through the parallel port via your 25-pin cable:
a) Insert the game cartridge into the gameshark and the gameshark into your console
b) Connect your gameshark to your computer with the 25-pin cable
c) Turn on your console
d) Run your GSCC software
e) Go to Code List-->open window
f) Click the "upload file" button and choose the text file which contains your codes. You can either copy and paste the codes from the various threads in this forum to a notepad file OR you can download the master file which contains most of the multiplayer maps and various other codes. BUT BEWARE! If you upload this file, you will lose everything else that was already stored on your gameshark, so you might want to save the original gameshark file if you plan on using other codes for other games (GSCC--->Code List--->Open Window-->Download to file)
g) If the upload was successful, disconnect your 25-pin cable and turn off your console for about 5 seconds. When you turn it back on, your codes will be ready to go.
h) Activate the codes for the level which you want to play (be sure to activate ALL PARTS (pt 1, pt 2, etc).
i) If the level which you wish to play has fewer than 251 codes, then you may activate other codes (such as weapons codes) just so long as your total does not exceed 251.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

II) PJ64 Emulator - Gameshark Codes

1) First time
a) Open your Goldeneye Rom.
b) Options---->Settings---->Options tab
c) Uncheck "Hide Advanced Settings"
d) Click OK

2) Entering a code
b) Highlight the code you want to enter from your notepad file or from the forum and copy it
c) System---->Cheats
d) Paste the code into the code box
e) Enter any name/title for your code*
f) Click "Add Cheat"
g) Repeat steps b-f for every code you have
* If you have multiple parts for a code (such as a lengthy code for a multiplayer map) you can enter nested codes by using the backslash ( \ ) after the title. For example - "The Quad\Pt 1"

3) Activating your codes
b) System-Cheats
c) Check each code you want activated
d) Close the Cheat Box
e) Press F1 to restart the rom with the activated codes.

III) 1964 Emulator - Gameshark Codes

Coming Soon

IV) Console - Missions (Uploader required)

Coming Soon

V) Emulator - Missions (Patching your ROM required)

Coming Soon

Jac6
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Woo hoo. I got a very hard to find item.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A gameshark v3.2?

Please let us know if you get it to successfully connect to your computer!

sumbodyshero
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

why is 3.2 better than 3.3? What's the essential difference? i do have a 3.3 with a led light. i actually just took it out of the shrink wrap lol.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A v3.3 with a WORKING red led light is a rare item. All v3.2's work, that is why it is recommended you go with a 3.2. But if you have a 3.3 and the red led doesn't light up, chances are that your parallel port on the back doesn't work either.

JoeyD
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Someone help me with this! I've followed all the above steps, but when I click the "upload file" button, this is what I get:

Error: Communication has timed out!

What did I miss? Is there any kind of setup I gotta do to get the computer to recognize the gameshark? I just plugged it into the printer port on the back, but it never acknowledged that it was connected.

And yeah, I do have version 3.2. There's gotta be more setup needed. Someone please help!!

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you're getting a Connection timed out issue, that sounds to me like the computer for whatever reason is not able to communicate with your gameshark. Parallel port is not like USB - you won't get any kind of acknowledgement from your computer that it is connected properly.

I actually had that happen once and my problem ended up being a faulty cable.

Ummmm....let me ask you this - when you turn on your gameshark with your N64, do you see an LED light on the gameshark itself that counts down from 5 to 0 when you first turn on your N64? Or does it just show a steady "8" ?

JoeyD
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Most the time it does the countdown from 5. Every now and then it shows the "8". When it does this, I will turn it off & back on or use the switcheroo trick. Usually doesn't take long to get it to show the countdown.

Is there a way to run some kind of search or test with the computer to get it to acknowledge my gameshark? Thanks for the quick reply and help.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't have access to the program where I am, but I remember having to use the "Totalio" option under one of the headings. When you click on it, it'll either turn it ON, or turn it OFF. Try deactivating it, and then activate it once more. I'm not sure if it'll help you any, but it might be worth a shot. Do that before attempting to connect to the GameShark.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

radorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just a little question.

I see some talk about recommending 3.2 over 3.3 for some reasons that are a bit vague to me.
Are they more stable and/or less suicidal?
What's the deal? can someone explain this?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Probably the best way to sum up the reasons we usually recommend getting a v3.2 over a v3.3, is that many of the v3.3's don't have proper working serial ports. They won't connect with a computer, regardless of what you try. Most (if not all) v3.2's, on the otherhand, seem to have perfect communications with a PC.

If you don't care about hooking your cheating device up to a computer for uploading and downloading, than v3.3's should do just fine.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

The Extremist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm wondering, what was added to the 3.3 to give it that .1 increment?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: