ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

picking up where Krijy left off

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00Dark

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: picking up where Krijy left off Reply with quote Back to top

i think i'm going to pick up where Krijy left off and start making multiplayer maps of Perfect Dark's solo levels. we've already converted every single one of GoldenEye's solo levels into multiplayer maps, but we just need to do that with Perfect Dark. it should be alot easier to make solo-arena multiplayer maps if you just use the Perfect Dark Setup Editor. we all know that SubDrag didn't finish it, but it should be complete enough to make a multiplayer setup file and manually convert that setup into GameShark codes for console. the biggest problem with hacking multiplayer levels the hard way is finding coordinates. you have to look into memory and do alot of complicated stuff just to get one preset. that problem should be greatly lessened if you just use the Edit Pads option in the Perfect Dark Editor. this window has the coordinates of everything already displayed, so all you really need to do is convert them into GameShark codes.

anyway, i'm going to try to pick up where Krijy left off and make more solo levels into multiplayer.

fantsu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

way to go! if you need any assistance, i will help ya. Very Happy

Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

what about Chicago? I gave you guys the enabler and level mod so all you gotta do is get the pads.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Totally totally do it. I was going to port Chicago to GE myself, just because it looks like it might make a good multiplayer. It is kinda small, two ways out of everywhere, and a crazy bar way off in nowhere.

Heck, if you figure out what more of the bitflags do or how pads align to tiles Sub might just update the editor! The only reason the PD editor isn't in development is because all the work that is involved in reverse-engineering all the options and commands.

Krijy always hoped *somebody* would do more with PD. Go for it. Chicago would be an awfully good stage.

00Dark

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok i'll do Chicago first, since you guys keep insisting.

i really think that Perfect Dark hacking needs a kick in the @ss. we've already hacked the living hell out of GoldenEye; infact, we've probably hacked it too much, we just need to get Perfect Dark up to speed with GoldenEye. i am still going to have to study hard in Krijy's FAQ (even though i hate school Laughing ), but i am still determined.

fantsu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hmmm... i'm doing the padmapping in chigago, the spawnpads are almost ready, but other things take too much time (like working airbase, air force one, datadyne tower, G-building and AREA51...)

00Dark

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i actually think i should try what zoinkity said and instead help SubDrag figure out how that other stuff works. that would actually be better than hacking the maps the hard way because for one, we could make maps just as easily as in GoldenEye using the PD editor, and two we would not be limited to a lowsy 250 lines of code with a crappy GameShark. that would be a much better idea.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ask Wreck for his PD documents, that'll help you along. We did get a decent ways actually.

00Dark

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, I just made a fully functional G5 Building (Solo) multiplayer map. It's more functional than Krijy's maps. I found errors in Crash Site Caves and Racing Ground. He neglected to fix spawns that weren't in the proper places on both of these levels. He also never fixed Hills and CTC Bases that appeared off the map on Caves and Racing Ground as well.

The Perfect Dark Setup Editor Alpha 1.0 and the GoldenEye Setup Editor V2 Perfect Dark Pad Viewer are my two greatest allies. Plus Krijy's hacking FAQ.

I currently failed to make Chicago. I am going to try it again and hopefully succede. I am finally doing what the title of this topic says after a long wait.

fantsu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Useless post from me, sorry

Cool

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, but you also have to remember, everything Krijy did involved GameShark / Action Replay codes. Perfect Dark wasn't always the most accepting of codes, either. Some would cause the game to crash, others wouldn't work at all. He also had to watch the total number of codes he was using. I even recall him posting about his troubles while getting people to beta test his maps. Hell, sometimes the whole setup file would get shifted in memory and the codes would then be incorrect. He faced his share of problems with GS / AR codes.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, yeah. Wreck and I were both on-call whenever he needed to port a stage to NTSC. We both have different versions of the game, and both required a different base address to work. Sometimes, it could be maddening to figure it out.

Good work so far. Great really.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: