ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Unable to get a connection with GSCC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoeyD
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Unable to get a connection with GSCC Reply with quote Back to top

I have a GS v3.2, and have hooked it up to my computer using a 25 pin M-F printer cable. I've turned on the N64 and waited till after the countdown. Then, I open GSCC and went to code list, open window. Then When I try to upload file I get this:

Error: Communication has timed out!

I never had any sort of confirmation or acknowledgement of the Gameshark from the computer once I plugged it in. I don't know if the cable is faulty (it's brand new), or if the port in the back of the computer is messed up, or what. Anyone got any ideas on how to troubleshoot? I just want to be able to copy codes to the gameshark for goldeneye, instead of tirelessly putting them in one at a time manually.

Whenever I go to File-->Configuration and Auto Detect, it says device not found. Anyone with ideas?

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, I understand your problem, but have you watched my video? It will show you what to do.

Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_XiuYNbe0Q

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JoeyD
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I watched it right before I made that post, but it didn't seem to help. After doing what you did in your video, It still wouldn't find the device! Now what?? Unless, I did it wrong. Are you supposed to unzip those files into any certain folder? I don't know.

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah! Thanks for watching. I do not believe that it's required to unzip to a special folder. You might want to try clicking both of the registry reset files. I hope it is not so, but there is a possibility that your Gameshark is faulty.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JoeyD
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've narrowed it down I think. I've actually tried with 3 different game sharks. All of them V 3.2, and I've tried on two different computers. I have to assume that it has to be the 25 pin M-F cable (even though I just bought it new off ebay). I wonder if anyone else has ever ordered one of those cables and gotten a bad one.

So I guess I'm gonna order another one and hope for the best. That's all I know to do. I don't know of any places that sell those things anymore. I'm gonna try Best Buy tommorrow. If not, I'll order another one.

DaronMalakianXVII
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You're probably just haviong the same problem I was having.

I just could not get it to detect my GS for anything.

I tried everything and it would not detect.

Now my GS is broken so I guess I have different problems now.

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I surely hope that you are able to fix it. You ARE missing out on awesome levels, like I was.

DaronMalakianXVII
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I did put in some of the levels by hand because I'm a loser.

They are amazing I;m not gonna lie.

But my GS **** up when I was putting in WWF No Mercy codes so yeah...

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations, and you are not a loser. That must have taken a time doing it by hand.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If putting in GS codes by hand makes you a loser, I must be one of the biggest out there... Razz

Seriously, though. I've entered in a ton of codes manually throughout the years. That v3.0 PD enable code that's about fifty lines long a few times, too. It's just something you have to do, if you want to play the levels and can't connect with a PC.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

DaronMalakianXVII
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hahahaha man, yeah I was being sarcastic but yeah it actually is exciting when you see your almost done with the entire 498327 line code...

Good stuff.

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The levels are BEYOND good. Excellence in every way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: