ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[MULTIPLAYER]G5 Building - Reconnaissance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00Dark

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: [MULTIPLAYER]G5 Building - Reconnaissance Reply with quote Back to top

Open up the Perfect Dark Setup Editor and do Tools --> Convert ROM.

http://two.xthost.info/00dark/Ump_setupg5Z.bin

This map works for every scenario and is the only *good* setup I have made so far. The Case Respawns were all set at that same locations as start points, plus three extra ones that were independently placed. However, these don't work. Instead they appear on ammo box pads and replace them. Other than that, the level is flawless. I also fixed start points so that you'll spawn *inside* the stage. You will still spawn everywhere around the map and might even spawn at the other teams Capture the Case base. Everywhere.

For now here's the GameShark codes you'll need...

8107FF00 010B
80084BF9 001E
81084BFC 568F
81084C14 50FF

EDIT: Link updated. Please redownload. Thanks.

Last edited by 00Dark on Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:09 am; edited 13 times in total

The Extremist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Glad to see some action in the PD hacking scene. Cool

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow that's great! Do you think we can make a ROM patch so that we don't need any GS codes and can play it online?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that is really coming along. My old efforts at trying to make a Combat Simulator setup in the G5 Building never went over. GameShark codes that were supposed to change an items pad wouldn't work, and emulation wasn't going over too well, either. I actually created a map of the stage and labelled nearly all of the pad positions, and then accidentally deleted it. That sucked huge. I also remember the sims not knowing how to navigate the level, as I was using another maps data.

Anyway, it's great to see some progress on this. I look forward to seeing where it goes.

Sub: Have we extracted the index from PD that contains the level setup data in it? If we have, we could get this online via Mupen64K. If not, then without GameShark codes, we're S.O.L... Confused

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

00Dark

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am going to try change player spawns and tell you how it goes. I think it's B.S. that I spawned several times outside of the fire escape on the ground and had to fall out of the level just to respawn. Simulants will spawn out there too and not know how to get themselves out of that terrible situation. Embarassed I am going to set them on path presets so that they're used.

Hopefully when I modify each entry it doesn't cause simulants to not load up on each location (since they're changed). And yeah, please make a ROM patch for the final release.

Next I am going to try to make setup versions of Krijy's maps. This might take a bit of work. I will especally do Villa (Solo) or Carrington Villa.

I also had another plan to make WAR! in Deep Sea as a setup file, but since creating action blocks isn't even possible (because they're not labeled) I would have to follow Krijy's method of GameShark coded programming for the objectives to be completed. I have no idea how to do GoldenEye action blocks, so PD would be a hellish nightmare. Shocked

00Dark

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FINISHED! Just redownload from both links for the final release.

BTW, I was able to have my own spawn locations and simulants work too. I placed each Case Respawn on the same pads as player start locations, but they still ended up replacing ammo boxes on they're own pads instead. You might want to take note that an ammo box could determine where a Case in Hold the Briefcase goes. Rolling Eyes You named them as Ammo Crate (Combat Sim) in the PD Editor. Should rename them as Ammo Crate (Case Respawn). Laughing

Please make a ROM patch so we can play this online. Very Happy I like to do all shotguns with One Hit Kills. That way spread shots determine how wide a mortal wound hit range can be! Razz The danger of getting hit is even greater with All Reapers and One Hit Kills. Twisted Evil

radorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fantastic work, 00dark!

fantsu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
00dark, YOU ARE THE NEXT KRIJY!
THANK YOU!
GREAT WORK!
AWESOME!
Very Happy

chicago next? air force one? base?

fantsu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just tried it for the first time, great.
I was waiting some doors too, but I think it is OK.
The room with the big safe, that doorway is little bit glitchy without doors, but otherwise this level is flawless.

fantsu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, so I played it in multiplayer today, 3 players.
Main action seems to happen a lot in room with laser grids, that room is like a choke point.

Sometimes it is very boring to spawn upstairs near the fire escape outside. It would be maybe better if that part of the level would be shut off limits, this way the map is quite long, if you know what I mean.

We also tried capture the case: Only few matches, with 2 bases it is fun, if the bases aren't too far away from each other. With 3 bases one of the bases is always weakest, but yeah, that can be said from many other levels too.

All three of us liked this map quite much, and all of us were interested to try it. Maybe we play it again some day, and try "king of the hill"...

Very Happy

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am not thrilled with XDelta so far, but here is the patch that will allow you to get G5 Multiplayer for PD, from 00dark.

Nevertheless,

To "undelta", do:
xdelta3.0u.x86-32.exe -d -s Perfect_Dark.v64 "PDG5Multi[00dark].xdelta" output.rom

where all the files are in the same folder and the ROMs are input name and output

http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/pd/pdg5multi%5b00dark%5d.xdelta

(patch updated to latest version)

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's a GUI tool for applying xdelta patches here, for anyone who doesn't like using the command line. The description says it's a frontend, but everything you need is included in that archive, so you don't need to download anything else to use it.

---

Just played a match in the map against sims, and it plays very well. This is just proof that (at least some of) the solo stages could've been used in CS instead of the "arena" versions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: