ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

The Last Bastion [HAMMER] flopperr999 HELP NEEDED [bmw]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice! Very Happy

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's great news, Flops!
I hope we get to see some in-game shots in the near future. Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

monkeyface

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looking good, I have to say. Really dark and gritty. Where are the textures from?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure about all of the textures, but many are from another game called "Hexen". It was a fantasy / magic first-person shooter, that was also released on the N64. I was never a big fan, but atleast something good is being taken from it. Razz

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, every texture was taken from Hexen lol

BTW,

I'm going to need some guidance on importing into the editor, I'm a bit rusty.

I've exported from Crafty

I have all of the bmps in either 32x32 or 32x64

I've created textures.txt

I just need some help on what to do next.

Thanks

Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

okay, I'm on this stage too ( i was waiting for the secondary indices tutorial, but i'll probibly just finish up the map, and revisit it when the tutorial is finished.)

anyway, from memory:

make sure all the textures are 256 color bitmaps, and create a text file with all the texture names (be sure to add .bmp after it) for that room in it.

now go to the GE editor, file>new, put w/e scale works, and open the visual editor.

go to convert:
GE room axis swapped (and add textures file)

Convert all your rooms, then create the output rooms text file (the contents are in the "hammer information roundup" topic in "map creation guidance")

throw that text file and all your room data files in the same folder

Go to change room positions mode, right click on the map, select output (or export, i forget) room posistions file, select your output file, and there you go.
(you may need to save it as a project ,and then re-open it for extra textures to appear)

If this doesn't work, i probibly missed something. If such is the case, use the topic mentioned above and the "new levels" tutorial on goldeneye vault.

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How do I convert to 256 color bitmaps with out losing a lot of quality?

radorn

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I'm not sure if it is the best option, but I have used a program called IrfanView. Quite popular image viewer.

It has a quite complete conversion wizard, not very intuitive or comfortable to use, but effective, at least.

I thought that picture would show more differences, but seems it did not.
However, other images did when I converted them in the past for my WIP SM64 map.

If you don't want to download and install it, you can send me the textures and I'll be glad to convert them for you.

EDIT:
Done http://www.filedropper.com/bastion8bit
There are 2 sets. Second one is dithered. There may be minor differences, just choose the images you think look best or closest to the original from each set.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hexen textures should convert to 8-bit with no problem, since Hexen ran on a highly modified Doom engine, and all textures were limited to its 256 color palette.

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Couldn't help posting this, I love this part of the map.

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

awesome is all that can be said

would it be hard to make like an outdoor or another version kind of like a if it were the ruins?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm really looking forward to seeing this map in GoldenEye. Though it doesn't quite suit the Bond world, it's a very interesting environment that should make for a unique experience. I just hope that the textures and clipping all turn out good. Smile

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay....I am completely stumped on getting this into the editor. If anyone could please volunteer to see if they can get this into the editor, that would be greatly appreciated...thank you very much.

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

...Anybody? Laughing Embarassed Crying or Very sad Confused

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is it in .obj format? First step is to get it converting with the bmps, etc, into GoldenEye format using the convert to bgfile feature in visual editor.

It'd be great if someone could write a very in-depth tutorial on how to do so, mine on the site is out of date.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: