ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Mario Kart - The Time Trials

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Mario Kart - The Time Trials Reply with quote Back to top

I have been meaning to post this for a while, I dont mean to brag, wait ...actually .. I DO mean to brag. Very Happy I consider myself (very cockily and sarcastically) the ultimate master of Mario Kart. One of the semi-well-known acheivements in the game is if you are so good at time trials that you unlock the hidden "raceway" ghosts, and if you are extra good, beat them, as have I. I just picked up Mario Kart again recently, just quickly, and beat my friends in Grand Prix 150 CC. Several Times. Smile Anyway, before posting any times, I was wondering if anyone else here has beaten all three hidden ghosts?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is this for Super Mario Kart or Mario Kart 64?
I used to love playing the original SNES game. It's one of the funnest racing games ever made. They did a great job on the sequel for the Nintendo64. The GameCube game was actually very difficult, which would be hellish on smaller children. Well, it was hellish on me, too. Laughing

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Holy crap Wreck, way to go. The first ever 00 Agent of the boards. Looks like I have a way to go!

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oops, forgot to mention it, Mario Kart 64. SNes one was great too, I have the Gamecube one "Double Dash" but to me it just seems the whole concept of two to one vehicle .. is stupid. They just made it too kiddish for me to stand. Plus, you cant cheat on stages like Wario Stadium! Very Happy The one they made for Gameboy Advance, I forget the name now, was really good, it combined a lot of cool aspects that were in the 64 and SNES versions.

off-topic: Nice... 00 Agent, I got abit to go, i'll probrobly post more when schools out.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had known about the raceway ghosts who follow your current best run around the track, but not that there were three extra ones that appear if you beat them all. Which courses are they in and who are the ghosts? Maybe I'll pick the game up someday. My N64 library is pretty small, so a few extra cartridges wouldn't hurt.

At this rate, maybe I'll be the first "007" ranked member.
Not that I really care. Post count has never concerned me before.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it was part of a contest started in "Nintendo Power" sometime after the game was released to unlock and beat them. I had found out about them long after that, but I still went to beat the ghosts just for fun. I looked it up, here are the details:
Mario Kart 64 Ghost Riders
You're probably familiar with the standard ghost racers (the ones you create in Time Trial mode), but did you know the course was haunted before you arrived?

To play against the official course ghosts, enter Time Trial mode and complete a track within the time shown below. After beating this time, immediately RETRY and you'll be see the message, "Now Meet the Course Ghost."

Course Time to Beat
Mario Raceway 1'30"00
Luigi Raceway 1'52"00
Royal Raceway 2'40"00

Of course, you can cheat both Luigis and Marios, I remember trying to do the glitch shortcut on Royals, they actually took it out for time trials, which makes you wonder why they didnt just take out the the glitch completley (wtf?). Luigis and marios I dont think I cheated though, because thier shortcuts are hard to perfom, unlike say, Wario Stadium.

I cant seem to find the times that the actual ghosts have, I knew them at one point, but if you can tell if you win or not. I dont think the ghosts are there everytime though, you have to beat the time every time you want to see them, or at least after restarting the game. Absolutley nothing happens when you beat these ghosts, it was part of a contest, and the ghosts were set by some of the makers of the game.

You dont have Mario Kart? How do survive in this world? Smile Hehe, I have one of those n64 game cart organizer things, it holds twenty games or so, and its completely full.

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No, but as you mean there are three hidden ghosts, maybe I'll try those challenges and I wonder what's happend if I beat'em all?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: