ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Latest ini files for Mupen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Latest ini files for Mupen Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to host the latest file with all the custom multis on GEVault, and whenever it updates, and we add a level, I can add to this file.

So two requests:
1) Latest ini file
2) Instructions on how to add to ini file per a new map.

This way the latest can always be available, and I can keep up to date

Last edited by SubDrag on Mon May 25, 2009 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren likely has the most up-to-date ini, though I'm sure there's a few things it is lacking. It's hard to stay completely caught up, given how many things are released by different people. Many of those are also updated and replaced, making it even more messy. Either way, he should be able to give you all the information you require to get this going.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My ini can always be found here:

http://dragonsbrethren.slickproductions.org/files/goldeneye/mupen64.ini

GE Master's is here:

http://www.goldeneyeonline.com/downloads/mupen64k_updated_goldeneye_ini.ZIP

As Wreck said though, it's probably missing some of the newer releases since I haven't been playing online at all, and have only be updating it on request. GE Master's ini might have more now, but compare the two anyway, in case his is missing somethings that mine has. Also, mine is alphabetized, which makes finding things easier.

To update, load up Mupen and make sure the ROM browser is showing the filename, so you know which files you're looking at when they're not in the ini. Right click on whatever hack you want to add in the ROM browser and chose ROM Properties. This will give you the ini code, click the calculate button to get the MD5 checksum for that ROM. Now open a copy of the ini in a text editor, each game uses the following format:

Code:
[MD5 CHECKSUM]
Good Name=GoldenEye 007 (U) [Hacker's Hack Name]
Header Code=XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX-XXX

The MD5 checksum goes in the square brackets. The good name is whatever you want the hack to be called, GE Master and I have both been following the same format: GoldenEye 007 (U) [Hacker's Hack Name]. The header code is the ini code from the ROM Properties window. Once you get those added, close Mupen and drop the new ini into its directory and refresh the ROM list, the hack name should show up instead of Unknown Dump.

Last edited by Dragonsbrethren on Mon May 25, 2009 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Following the format for custom GoldenEye ROMs, I've been using a similar one for custom PD ROMs...

Perfect Dark: Mod Name (U) (V1.X) [Hacker]

Example...

Perfect Dark: dD Labs CS (U) (V1.1) [00dark]

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is why I want to keep the ini on the vault. Every release I make, I will place it on the vault, so that way we keep up to date.

I will try and spend later today fixing it to have all the multis from vault, etc.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I built off Dragonsbrethren's file:
http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=166

From now on, this will always be up to date, with the latest files on the vault (as I add them, I'll put it here).

If I made any errors or omissions, please let me know asap.

00Dark

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You've omitted monkeyface's Counter Strike Map Pack. Please add it to the INI, Sub.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, there might be some versioning issue. Can you
A) Regrab CS Pak
B) Regrab ini (updated it)

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's one of the issues. Everytime there is an update to a ROM patch, the ini will need updating. That can be quite difficult to keep track of, unless the author informs you about it when they resubmit the new file. And for those who have an older version of the IPS / XDelta patch, their ROM won't show up properly. It's a shame that there isn't an easier, more practical way of doing this for Mupen64K. Beggars can't be choosers, unfortunately.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It would make so much more sense if the emulators just used the ROM's internal name for settings and displayed the file name in the ROM list. That would solve the problem we have with both Project64 (settings need changing for every hack) and Mupen (unknown ROMs).

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm hoping by centralizing the file to the vault, whenever I get an update, I'll add to this file, so we shouldn't get out of date (though people playing online need to make sure they have latest).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: