ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Its time we had "ALL BONDS" in their full glory...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One thing I have to ask, why do people really care so much about all bonds? What about all the other unused faces, all the other villians and allies in the the bond world? No on has ever wanted to make goldfinger or max zorin, so whats all the fuss about all bonds, and it isnt even all bonds. Rare could have just taken out Dalton and left Connery and Moore, but they didn't. There are lots of things that were in the game before that were taken out, but no one wants to create a 3D model of a rare employ or a character that was never in the game! It would be nice to have them, but it's not worth the time to get them. If someone wanted them bad enough they would do all the work and get them themselves!

Sit down, shut up, and toak!

I'm in the hauhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree. I don't really care much about All Bonds to tell the truth. Citadel and other stuff is awesome, but I dont care too much about putting ALL bonds back in, because there is countless other things that Rare took out that would be awesome to have, but simply are not there and the major effort to get the small stuff is pointless, especially if we are not even working off any original evidence. The suits were in PD, the faces are in GE but are not that great of quality. Anyway, the whole 3d model thing is way too much work, I was just suggesting the texture editor. Cheap soltution, replace bonds, trevs, whoevers heads with the bond faces which were gotten from movies. But instead of doing work, I'd really just rather see the end result, without actually doing it Smile . Subdrags beta site has screens of the faces on test heads on the suits. http://subdrag.netfirms.com/gebeta/multi.htm He has on there the faces found in the ROM (a little crappy) as well as ones re-created off movies.

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, anyone know if the "guest stars" were added before or after the bonds were taken out? Mayby those were to make up for the all bonds? Just a thought! Oh yea also , I have NTSC, PAL, and the Japanise version. NTSC, and japanise version are ver 1.0, and PAL is version 1.1.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Before. The guest starts predate Mishkin. Check the instruction manual for the list in its original order.

SubDrag - or should I say Rarewitchproject - released a rom image swapper. It switches most images with each other. I spent around a week of my life indexing half those bloody images... There actually is a rather funny error with it that we didn't catch until after it was complete, but I won't tell you what it is;*)
There was a very limitted crappy one for PD as well. At the time Sub was ripping images one at a time, so I can't blame him for not bothering. Heck, half of them were from GE... They were more memory-efficient later on; virtually all the images only use 16color palettes.

Come to think of it, they've had problems with their downloads lately. Maybe I can mirror it.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was on there a few days back hoping to grab the ROM Image tool for GoldenEye, but it wasn't available. If anybody has it, or is able to get their hands on it, please send me a link or a zip file. I'd love to try it out, maybe even make that Caves briefing photo later on.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Somebody posted in one of their forums a while ago asking for it, and Trevor attached it. Here is the link: http://forums.rarewitchproject.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=856&d=1144146591

The regular downloads are strange, I dont know why they stopped hosting some of their files. For a long time before they switched hosts they actually had the file on the server, but didn't link to it! Very Cool tool, although it works a little strangeley (if thats a word). Smile

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks a ton for posting that link, KC. Very Happy
But where in the world are the stage icons and briefing photographs? Confused
Pretty cool to see how many textures are there in the ROM.
That front shot of Grace Jones is damned sexy. Wink

Edit: It looks as though RWP released another updated version of the ROM Image Changer. The one Trevor had was 1.0, but the newest edition is 1.1. Apparently there are many improvements and more images can be modified. If anyone has that one, I'd be interested in grabbing it from you. Thanks. Smile

(too many emoticons were in this post. Razz)

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't upload to geocities; they don't like rar achives. I'll mail it to you and try to find someplace better to upload to.

Otherwise, I have version 1.1 and a debuggy sort of viewer. Just to warn you though, not all images replace correctly. Worst case, you can use a normal facemapper, strip the binary, compress the image binary, and just copy in the palette... that really is a lot of work, isn't it?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It may sound like there is some difficulty in that, but on the other hand, I am writing a full setup file for a mission. Compared to that, it should be a piece of cake. I hope... Razz

Edit: I received your e-mail with the link to where the GE ROM Editor v1.1 was located on your site. With only two files left to download, it temporarily exceeded its transfer limit. Two stinking zip files! Now the program still won't work and I need to wait until it comes back online. Bah, it's just my luck! Confused

wuldntyoulik2no
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like ice luigi left the fourms crying because no one gives a crap about all bonds. I knew thats all he wanted and he wanted nothing else to do with this game or these fourms. another noob trying to make himself look great trying to get the best and most hidden things from the real pros but he didnt even realize that they didnt even have them. What happened to him having pal and ntsc and going to be the best beta tester ever? Trailer park trash lol

PaD
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

by even opening this thread he suggested that he was a faker...

if he was as skilled as he claimed, he'd have posted an IPS for all bonds, and not requested one...

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yea... He got off (Yes I intended that to be in a sexual way) on making the suits to the all bonds, WHICH BTW HAD BEEN DONE YEARS BEFORE, then when he made them. The faces had even been discovered before he made the suits, hell, the suits were discovered in what, 1999 on PD. Pft, he claimed he wasn't a noob and he was "hiding in the shadows" for all these years, but he can;t even make a screen name without copying someone. Wuld and PaD are right on this guy, he's a crock of shϊt lier.

The Extremist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So the faces and pictures are in the game, and the suits are in PD. All that needs to be done is re-create the missing models. Sounds tough. Sad

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Where theres a will theres a way,if the God of goldeneye hacking over here is as good as he said, he wouldn't need us to tell him that he needs to remake the models. Wuld was right all along on this guy. Pitiful isn't it.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, the original suits really aren't that hard to port over. The only killer is that GE recycles points whereas PD doesn't. What does that mean? It means that for a single cube, GE would use 8 points to make it, but PD 36.

If someone is a competant programmer out there, it probably wouldn't be hard to just write a little routine that scans through the points and revises the mapping.

The other differences between model data aren't nearly as nasty. Heck, I made the Elvis head from his data. The long-distance models use only about 20 unique points.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: