ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE ROM Image Editor 1.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: GE ROM Image Editor 1.1 Reply with quote Back to top

The only current host of the GE ROM Image Editor Version 1.1 is Zoinks site, and it is split up into many files, and the site has a bandwidth limit thats smaller than the complete file itself. So I downloaded all that and got it working correctly as well as ResHack it abit since it showed up as Version 1.0 in a few places. I couldnt get the ROM viewer prog to work though, strange. Oh well, its 5 meg zip. Here is the link: http://kcghost.googlepages.com/geromeditor11.zip

doctornull
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to sound stupid, I've heard of it but im not exactly sure what it does. So... what does it do?

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, think of every flat image there is in the game. This includes textures I believe. Think of the photos in the Multi select, think of the folders, the nintendo logo, those sprays in Depot. Now think that if you have the same sized image, you can replce any one of them with your own. Note: Using your own custom image may result in prblems, may be hard to format is the right way, first click on the image you intend to replace in the editor program and it should tell you the exact format and size.

For ease of use, you may just want to replace images with existing images. Example, put Connerys never used face on a test face (may not work on all faces tho) or his suit on Boris like I did. Also for ease, I havent done this yet but I will: You can go through the romimages folder for the image you plan on replacing, make a copy and put it in the "User" folder. Then edit that image in the User folder to replace. When you use the program, you should be able to figure it out, its alitlle wierd at first, but its very useful.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, Im having alot of problems with this. It seems all the image folders with an O at the end are not accesible by the working program. And I have no idea what is making the other program crash.

Update: I found the orignal RWP released 1.1 release. It does not include the O folders nor this other program, and is smaller. Ill post a link later. Is it possible to replace the images in those O folders? Was there ever a program solution, or does it have to be done manually?

Update2:
http://www.zophar.net/utilities/n64level.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: