ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

How to convert Deled Files/Maps into GoldenEye Maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: How to convert Deled Files/Maps into GoldenEye Maps Reply with quote Back to top

I think the subject says everything.
It´s not really important, but it´s interesting to know how it is going.
I wana make the end part of train where trevelyan and xenia behind the the rolling door. And i want to make a level conection. But for first only Runway and facility bottling room ( Polygons are maybe to high. )
Alec: Fate

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've never done this before, but the following should work:

The first thing you'll want to do is export the room you want to connect to from Train or the bottling room rooms from Facility. Just go into visual mode, navigate to a room you want to export, switch to rooms positions mode, and export the rooms you need to .obj. If you're going to add onto Runway, you also need to export a room from that map, where the connection will be made. Next, import the room(s) into DeleD, using the same scale the editor does for them. For reference:

Train: 0.1501971334

Runway: 0.0895714313 (you'll want to use Runway's scale if adding to it, not Facility)

There is already a guide for importing to DeleD in this topic if you haven't seen it already. Now, the steps vary a bit depending on which stage you're working with. For Train, just start modeling on the end of the room you imported. When you're done, remove the Train room you imported, and export your new room(s) to obj at 1.0 scale like normal.

For Runway, it's a bit more complicated. Import your rooms from Facility, and your room from Runway into the same scene. Chances are Facility's rooms are way far away from the Runway room. Facility and Runway use vastly different scales, Runway is blown up in-game, and Facility is shrunk down. This is why the rooms aren't matching up at all. Since you're adding onto Runway, you'll need to shrink the bottling room until it can connect to the Runway room properly, and move it into place. You'll most likely have to manually make some fixes, since there will be rounding errors introduced when scaling. Once done, delete the Runway room and export the bottling room and anything else you've added to obj.

Now you'll need to convert your rooms to GE format. I'm assuming you already know how to import a room/map, if not, read SubDrag's tutorial on the Vault, it shows you how. Now you need to add these to the existing stage. With the correct stage still loaded in the visual editor, switch to room positions mode, choose "export room positions to text file", and save it to the same place as your vertices and index files. Open the text file and add your new room to the end of this file, above the line of @'s, like so:

Code:
c593b000   43450000   40000000   529A6C.bin   53052C.bin   530720.bin
00000000   00000000   00000000   RoomVertices.bin   RoomIndices.bin   null.bin
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Save the text file. Now, still in the visual editor room positions mode, choose "export full background file." Select the room positions file you just edited, and, after reloading all of the room data, you should see your new room in the editor. Go to File -> Save As Project and that'll make a new project for your extended Train/Runway. You'll need to do clipping, add portals, the path network, and of course objects to the new areas. Just save the individual files into the same place as the project, overwriting the existing ones there.

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There is ever a mistake when i Export Full Background File , open the txt file and when i want to save there is ever the same error called :

Vertice File xx Not found

xx is sometimes a Q or a Y or jj or any letters. What is that, DB ?
Alec: Fate

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: