ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

MISSION: AIRPORT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: MISSION: AIRPORT Reply with quote Back to top

Airport in England, pursue Goldfinger. Bond follows Auric to the airport, he must find out what plane he's
taking. He locates Auric's private jet and disposes of some North Korean spies who have been followed him.

Here are some pictures. Don't expect too much. I was working fast. I'm not currently working on it because I am little bit ill, but I am going to continue working on the map starting sunday again.

The first room - Entrance hall:

Stairs to underground area ( with little secret Wink

Entrance to the underground parking lot:

Corridor to second building (the building is further down the corridor, it can't be seen). There is an airplane runway under the corridor:

Airport "front":

I am sure you notice some mistakes. I will fix them later.

But don't think that the map will look like it when it's finished. Maybe I'll change some textures or room designs. But for now it looks like this.
Alec: Fate

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
monkeyface

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good job! I like the geometry, but as I said before, it WILL be optimized. And that'll be in a pain in the ass, just so you know. And the textures will have to go. I think there should mostly be light metal textures and such, no stones or dark rusty ones. Control should have some fitting textures for it.

Also, for this map I'd like to see an overview map. It's important because it wouldn't play very good if the entire map consisted of 10 big rooms, it'd be too expensive also, I think.

Take care, R.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You could always refer to the Alaskan Air Base map from Perfect Dark. It might give you a few ideas. I thought that the level was really well designed, but the mission didn't allow you to truely appreciate the structure and texturing.

Nice to see some progress on this, DF Ank1. Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ha great. I will check it out. I am working on it but the problems what i have are the right textures and the optimize of the map. But it goes and when i am finishing with mapping i am proud. But it´s not finished yet.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is it just me or are the stairs in the second picture uneven? Just a small detail but something to check on.

HackBond

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Camaro wrote:
Is it just me or are the stairs in the second picture uneven? Just a small detail but something to check on.

Its ment to be like that.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oh, why is it meant for them to be uneven?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There are two or three places where the stairs get a bit wider, though it does look purposely done. The rest of the stairs appear to be the same size, but the texturing shifts with each one. It really does make them look a little odd. I'm sure he'll swap out the texture with another one or correct this detail.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes it is my mistake. It was my first try to extrude the edges. I will fix this later when i fix the other problems. I know that a other stair is longer then a other one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: