ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

A few XSI questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: A few XSI questions Reply with quote Back to top

I'm having some problems in XSI, so some assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1) I've already textured my .obj's in Hammer. Will I have to re-texture them in XSI?
2) When I import my .obj and zoom out, the .obj looks really weird. I'm still able to select it though. How do you fix this?
3) XSI seems to randomly crash as I optimize. Does anyone else have this problem? Obviously the best way around it is to save often.

TimEh
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

not sure, but imma speculate.
1) no you shouldnt. things might need to be tweaked but for the most part it should be alight. one thing is if the number of your U/V coords cant fit into a 16bit float, you will see problems
2) inno. is it the perspective the cam is set to? Most FPS are set to 90deg. wheere xsi defaults to 20 something, could make it look all weird, but i doubt weird enough to post this. do regular GE obj's import correctly or only your Fully custom ones?
3) ya ive noticed after merging lots of vertices it might crash. save often. although unable to give an exact answer, after doing it for a while i managed to make it not crash, not sure what i was doing differently or what options i changed. also weird, if XSI is in the background minimised for many hours, attempting to maximize the window will not work. looking in taskmang shows(atleast on mine) maxing at 25% processor speed, like its running some infanite usless loop.

To avoid this, save before you decide to leave for the weekend Smile

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TimEh wrote:
do regular GE obj's import correctly or only your Fully custom ones?

Any imported .obj's give me this problem. Basically, when I zoom out, the .obj appears to stretch. If it helps you, Camaro is also having this problem. Fortunately, it seems to be a purely graphical error.

Anyway, your assistance has been very helpful. Thanks!

monkeyface

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try to zoom in (Z) as much as possible, then pull yourself away with (S), that should work, I think.

TimEh
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ya go into the camera properties and just fiddle with the settings. That makes sence remembering those stretched pics someone put up here recently. Imma put my money on monkeyface's solutiion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: