ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Torque Constructor for maps?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject: Torque Constructor for maps? Reply with quote Back to top

hey everyone, i have found a program called torque constructor, does anyone know about it? if so can it be used for making maps? I have recently downloaded it, but not for Goldeneye map making, and i thought it could be used for Goldeneye.
Here is the link:
http://www.garagegames.com/products/constructor

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If there's a way to convert its maps to .obj format, then you could definitely use it. Whether it would actually be a good choice or not, I can't say.

monkeyface

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks sehr cool. I've never tried it, though. Good luck, hope you find it useful, if you do, be sure to write.

radorn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the description says it's a constructive solid geometry editor. I don't want to demonize it or anything, but in my opinion, that's already an inconvenient for GE, which is based on more traditional and simpler polygons.
Hammer is also CSG and people use it successfully, so I guess it could be used if you manage to find a way to get it's models into OBJ format, but I'd say that the best reason to find Hammer alternatives is to get free from the constraints and issues a CSG poses when you are not going to use a game with a CSG and/or BSP based game engine, such as GoldenEye.

Unless you really like that editor for whatever reason, I'd suggest to search for more traditional mesh based 3D editors, and not CSG/BSP stuff.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: