ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

General Goldfinger 64 discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radorn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Apart from artwork and sketches, specially of possible sections not shown on film, I'd be very interested in the "technical specs" of the settings, blueprint-like stuff and so on. I'm a nut for precission.

monkeyface

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've tried searching for it, but it's hard. The Rare team had those things, but they had an official game so it's not too surprising.

Also, it seems that the second news update made its way to the front page of http://www.moddb.com/. Nothing major perhaps, but that means we have a public venue for the news, and maybe the weekly updates will keep getting there. That means more views and supporters and possibly more contributors, so if you feel you have something to say or show to the people, just contact me!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool! I'm going to have my site just link to yours instead for Goldfinger...much easier to keep one source and moddb's is fine.

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No one has posted in this forum in the month of September so far, so...How's it coming along? Have you had time to work on the Prison map, monkeyface? Any progress for any part of the project at all?

monkeyface

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, of course! But I mostly post news-updates on our moddb.com profile, for some reason. Also, I don't post if I don't feel it's representative of what I had in mind. Right now, Prison is in that state. Things are starting to come together but textures are not finalized, and I need to do a little play-through before carving out the final details. And that will be a pain, since I'll have to split the level into rooms, modify the .mtl files, add portals, clippings, maybe add a few props, just to see if the size is "right".
Don't be discouraged if I don't post. I'm working on it quite regularly.
Here's a quick overview picture:

There will be a weekly update this time as well, so check it out, there'll be some new media and things of that nature.

*EDIT* What you see in this picture, is a little less than half of the map.

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, thats good to know. I just didn't know if anything was going on because no one had said anything in a week and a half. And wow, a little less than half? Alright, I'll check out the moddb profile from time to time.

monkeyface

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No inclination on the vehicles when going up or down, sorry people.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool test map! Of course you're normally inside it so not a big deal, but does look interesting there.

monkeyface

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://goldfinger64.googlecode.com/svn/IPS-patches/ARENA.rar

There it is, with some primitive lighting effects added. If anyone's interested.

There are some texture deformation which appears when it's imported into the editor, and the clipping doesn't work on the left side of the slopes. The reason for that is because the shadows are at another set of tris, located one unit above the actual ground and I can't select the ground tris and turn them into clipping tiles.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can go under it and try to clip, give that a whirl.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can manually tweak the clipping tiles in the GoldenEditor. That's how I had to handle some of the stairwells in PD's G5 Building (mission version) during an unfinished port. There should be an option when you right-click on the tile, which should read something like "Open Tile Dialog". From there, you choose the tile you want to manipulate and change the values within. Simply lower them down by a single point at every Y axis. When you redo clipping connections (and maybe Stan Convert), it should automatically connect them with the surrounding ground (given they share the same height). I believe that is how TimEh handles the same sort of situation - which is a very clever idea.

That's a lovely little testing grounds you've constructed there, Monkeyface. It'll be nice for testing out new objects and characters... and then running them over. Wink

(2500th post, w00t-w00t! Razz)

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Captin.Frosty
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wow guys; this is coming a long awesome..
I wish I knew how to do the modeling stuff; meh
maybe i will learn eventually

monkeyface

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck, sounds nice. You can't do the same with map geometry, can you? Also, I really need to ask, I want people to try out new models and such in this little area, it's a quick load and looks "official", what files do I have to distribute so you guys can open it in Goldeneye editor?

Thanks Captain.frosty, well, if you feel like giving it a shot for practice and experience, I'd be more than happy to supply you with a task or two.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty sure you can manipulate the room model points within the GoldenEditor, by right-clicking on the triangle you want to change and choosing the option that allows you to alter the RGB values. Just change the Y Coordinate instead, lowering or raising it to match the surrounding edges. I remember testing this option out before, so it should be possible. Just be sure to export the modified room files and replace your originals with them.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That reminds me - I need to have project mode reload all the prop files since some could've changed in ROM itself. Or maybe a menu option to load props from ROM. Which seems more useful? Both I guess?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: