ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Secret Door in Area 51?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Secret Door in Area 51? Reply with quote Back to top

wel I was watching a video on youtube where this dude found a door with a keyhole in the vents in Area 51. Do you guys know anything about this mystery?The key hole reminds me of Banjo Kazooie for some reason XD

link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu3yvXKTTrw&feature=related

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The level designer put it in there to screw with our minds. There's not really anything there; it's just a texture. They probably did it because of all the interest in the tiniest details in GoldenEye (which often were something important, which got scrapped).

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Open level in GE Editor with PD Level pak and check around keyhole.

fantsu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

nothing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJYsXAuz8YM

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, I was one of the first people to find (and report) that neat little secret up in the Area 51 vents. I also thought that it might've been related to the Ice Key from Banjo-Kazooie's Stop 'N' Swop mode. Not practically, but as a way to tease those still obsessed by BK. There isn't anything behind it, however. Who knows, maybe there might have been something loaded in once you've used the key...

Or maybe it was a fun easter egg that served no purpose other than for people on a message board to talk about it nearly a decade later. Razz

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: