ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Its a bird! Its a pig! It's a Detstar Update!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Its a bird! Its a pig! It's a Detstar Update! Reply with quote Back to top

http://goldeneye.detstar.com/

They are actually ... updating. Shocked For now they only have the news of that GE tournemnet, but he mentions more content soon. Confused

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Our luck it'll be available to members only.
What new information is there for Detstar to make an update about?
Could just be detailing the Bond license switching hands over to Activision.

Kastro187420
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is probably a coincidence, but I left him a comment about 2 weeks ago asking him if he ever planned on updating his Goldeneye page, and told him there had been tons of breakthroughs and updates that he hasn't covered on there yet.... and now we get this...

Hopefully he'll update it with all this new info you guys have gathered and codes you have made.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I suppose it'd be cool having him mention about the Caves mission I've been working on (with some assistance from Zoinkity), but I'd really rather not get a bunch of e-mails from people asking when it's going to be released to the public. There's no doubt that I'd be asked if they could "Beta test" for me. As if I don't know whether it's the way it should be. I already know that a test IPS Patch for the ROM does play properly, so it's up to the hacker alone to do the rest. Why hackers don't test their own codes baffles me.

"This might do it. Here, you try and report back, while I wait for another day." Rolling Eyes

Note: I do have people test, but only in certain situations. Though it may work for me, it's always nice hearing that it is okay for them, too. No disrespect meant to anybody out there.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heck, it would be really nice if he mentioned Citadel is playable nowadays...

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just checked into this some more, hes gonna update in 3 days. June 5th.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm hoping it's actually something worthwhile and not just a cheap way to promote his Agent Marly online comic strip. There's a ton of information and hacks that are missing from the site, including all of the multiplayer stages modified over the past few years. Det has never even touched on any of that. I'm sure his loyal fans would like to hear about it. Only thing I'd want to request from him would be a link to GoldenEye Forever. GE Master always gets his hands on the finished projects first, so he's got the revealing exclusivity rights for my work. Smile

Kastro187420
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the new Detstar update is kind of stupid...Nothing that impressive that makes me want to go out and buy the game...
Hopefully this is just a pre-update to the big one...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

O crap, I compeltley forgot! *checks detstar* What the? WTF is that? Its nothing! There is one new original article that explains one thing about Silo, that he suspects Silo was the original test level for when it was a rail shooter, which I even disagree with (I think Bunker was the first of testing levels, although it might have been the first after an engine update to not be a rail shooter anymore). Well anyway, I hope Deterest puts some time into new articles about how Citadel is playable now, more interesting beta stuff (particualry my silo mystery Smile ) etc, etc.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

God, I am getting so tired of reading about the darn Silo... Confused
Though I'm happy to see he's updated the GoldenEye part of his website, what was the point to it? To rephrase what's already been stated, to make more guesses with the new information, to look through the Bond films and find which gadgets belong to which movie? Bah, it's nothing even important or impacting. I'd like to see more interesting articles, not just more garbage about what an older BETA version of the game may have been like.

Stop looking to the past and start preparing for the future. Wink

Edit: I didn't mean for this to come off offensively, so I apologize to those who took it in that respect. There's still a great following for GoldenEye, with a constant interest in the 'BETA' discussions. All we have are some old screenshots, text in the memory, and our own theories. Sure, I was right into it at one time, too. But there comes a time when you need to stop dwelling on the what could have been, then begin wondering about what there could be. There are people capable of making great new changes to this game, evolving it into something else. It could spawn fantastic mods, like that of an Unreal or Half-Life. These things that have been pondered over for so many years can be implimented back into it. New stages, models, weapons, etc. If we work hard enough, it will happen. That is something I'd rather think about. Smile

If anyone from Detstar reads this, know that I am a big fan of his contributions to covering GoldenEye for all of these years. I respect him greatly for keeping the site going, even though the game is getting up there in age. I don't want him to think that I'm attacking him in anyway. Whatever he adds to his site is always welcome. I enjoy reading his articles and all of his opinions on the subjects at hand. He's informative and very descriptive. We fans owe him a lot for his undying love of GoldenEye.

Kastro187420
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I use to be a big fan of his site, I'd sit there and read everything over and over... but now its dull and not interesting anymore.

Im gonna send him a message and give him the address to this site if you guys don't mind so he can come take a look at what people really want, and what has been, and can still be done.

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

read the gs mem edit section... so out of date!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: