ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Rare's Old Statements

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Rare's Old Statements Reply with quote Back to top

The only information about Goldneye that Rare had ever released to the public is on two pages of the old Rareware site. I had wanted to post this earlier, but got distracted and forgot.

Here are the Web Archive links:
http://web.archive.org/web/19990202144645/rareware.com/affairs/tepid/bondteam.html
http://web.archive.org/web/19990221000024/www.rareware.com/recent/games/bond/rmill.html

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've always loved how sarcastic they can be when responding to their e-mails. Didn't really learn anything new, but it's no doubt because I've been listening to that same drab for years now. Though many people are still obsessed with the old, I'm far more interesed in the new. Still, very good finds, KC. Smile

doctornull
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess Det Erest was right about it being a rail shooter.

Lol: "'Citadel' was a very rough test level designed during the early stages of multiplayer mode. It's not in the finished game in any shape or form, and Oddjob and Mayday wouldn't be in it if it was"

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Q: I can rip off Bond's arm and use it as a club.
A: Lucky you. Presumably it was by jiggling around with the weapon select button when you have the 'All Weapons' cheat activated. Note the excellent material from which the sleeve is made.

LOL classic answer. I laughed so hard when I read that years ago. Ahhh, time flies by so fast. What ever happened to good old Rareware anyways?

Sit down, shut up, and toak!

I'm in the hauhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

The Extremist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ptb wrote:
What ever happened to good old Rareware anyways?

Well, they're still pretty sarcastic in their letter replies, but all that was Goldeneye is now Free Radical Design. Cool

technoPP7
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I really want ot know what the hell that 6th Watch bar Was for

Q1: I want to know, what were you thinking about when you first started work on Goldeneye? What were you expecting, basically, and how did Goldeneye become the Goldeneye we all know and love today? (Thomas Schaller)
A: We were expecting to finish the game in a far shorter time, for a start. It was originally going to be a kind of Time Crisis shooter on rails, then the project snowballed a bit, took a bit longer, got a bit more ambitious as more of the N64's features were exploited. Reading the script before the film was out was quite special; at that time, there hadn't been a Bond film for some considerable time, and it was interesting to see how the series was going to be relaunched.

If goldenye was intened to be a railshooter , wouldn't their be stuff in the memory saying rail track 1 or something

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rail shooter would be a much differnet engine than today. That was very very early in development, and many things were scrapped. Most beta things we find in memory almost made it into the final game, or were just ignored. I dont think there is any leftover evidence of GE being a rail shooter, but im not completley sure.

The sixth bar on the watch? Who knows! Couldn't have been too much if they scrapped it tho.

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think I might know! If you look hard enough at the screenshot you got there techno the answer might show up to you to, do you see what is missing. The screenshot is the first bar, but there is no abort mission option!

Edit: That would make sense, they had that on one of the bars, and decided that it didn't need its own bar, so they added it to the first one.

Sit down, shut up, and toak!

I'm in the hauhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Maxout

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The watch takes too long to look at in the game when you hit pause so you can't avoid getting hit all the time.

Also, the watch tells the real time of day as in the level. I checked them all to make sure.

SiberianSpecialForces
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maxout wrote:
Also, the watch tells the real time of day as in the level. I checked them all to make sure.

Thats what i love about GE. The details in that game are so precise. Even the semi pointless details i can appreciate. It just kills most of todays fps's in detail by comparison. 99% of todays fps's are so half-assed and unoriginal money schemes by EA its sad.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: