ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Wut the heck happen to me?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radorn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

caution and good sense are the best antivirus, and no antivirus can save you from the lack of them. period. Very Happy

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Exactly. Being skeptical can save your comp. Speaking of that...

Someone I know downloaded Personal Antivirus and got a worm. He had to do a System Recovery! I don't know if it was a scam or an irony; either way, he fell for it.

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmw wrote:

Just depends on how careful you are online. I've never ran an antivirus in the background in my life and I've had only 2 viruses that I can recall in the past 7 years. *knocks on wood*

I'm rather careful online but every now and then I'll visit a site that looks legit but tries to establish a connection with my computer. This has only happend two or three times in the last year and a half but still, nothing wrong with be extra careful with a free antivirus program like Avast.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys i need your help. I got a new vires call worm and i cant get rid of it so i hope you can. Oh and just to tell you guys that i may need to restart my computer completly cus the last vires i had did so much deletet most of my file so now most of my file cant work. so this suck if you dont mind wut sud i do? Sud i get rid of the vires and leve it alnoe or sud i restart my computer? Its up to you guy.

HackBond

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Restarting doesnt do anything to viruses. Either do a system recovery or get your drive wiped. I got a trojan recently, and had to get my drive wiped as it infected System Recovery.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just wipe out my hard drive and it works good now but wut vires prtecter sud i get now?

HackBond

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So you just said you wiped your hard drive meaning

You deleted EVERYTHING from it
Reinstalled Windows.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I deleted everything and Reinstalled Windows. now i hope you can give me a link to a vires pertecter so i can cep it vires free.

HackBond

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EternallyAries wrote:
I deleted everything and Reinstalled Windows. now i hope you can give me a link to a vires pertecter so i can cep it vires free.

M'kay....
http://free.avg.com/us-en/download-avg-anti-virus-free-edition
Download the free one. I have it...
Scroll down till you see a red Download button, then click it

ated19
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:08 pm    Post subject: Free one?? Reply with quote Back to top

Restarting doesnt do anything to viruses. Either do a system recovery or get your drive wiped. I got a trojan recently, and had to get my drive wiped as it infected System Recovery.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MBAMMMMM

oldyz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

try Housecall, that helps too & get a copy of HIren's Boot cd - both the the old win7 version & the new windows 10 based edition.

if youcant find the .iso for the old one give me a message ...

also using hiren's you can make a backup of a clean system drive using disk genius to a bluray disk - if anything bad happens just have diskgenius copy all files to the HD & you start your machine with all updates & programs that you had before

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: