ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

The Mysterious silo elevator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: The Mysterious silo elevator Reply with quote Back to top

I just noticed somthing with MCM, the 2nd inacessable hallway with what is believed to be the elevator shaft, it can't be. It's super close to the top, in the beta video bind exited the elevator through the left side of the walkway, its on the right side. But it looks so much like an elevator door, except it is only one door, while every other elevator in the game has 2 doors. There would be no reason for it to be were the elavtor ends either, becuase there is nothing up there, and there is no missing railing. So I doubt bond would get up there to get to a lower walkway. If it isn't an elevator (which it might be) then what is it? Could the other walkway be the elevator entrance? I myself doubt it because there is a missing rail on a walkway above it, and that one to is close to the top of the silo. Somthing is missing, could it be one of these had a halway that led to the elevator? If so it would probly have to be the one with the other door behind it becuase that one is a lot lower in the level.

Sit down, shut up, and toak!

I'm in the hauhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Silo saw massive changes throughout its development. It may even be possible that the entire walkway areas were doubled. Silo is laid out like a spiral. If you take the whole map, copy it, flip it a hundred and eighty degrees, then overlap the normal blueprint, that'd be the level. The Missile Silo #4 is already a huge stage. Imagine it twice that size. Although I can't say for certain that is all true, there are left over doors that would have led out to extra rooms. You can't see them unless you use GameShark/Action Replay codes. The aren't even the ones on the balcony catwalks, either. These are stuck inside of the missile tube walls.

As for the elevator, it was located in the first tube. When you start the mission, you'll notice the railing is missing next to the doorway. The lift once belonged there and led all the way up to the top floor. You know the area with Ourumov? Hang a right at the T-Hallway and check out the end of that balcony. More missing rails. While the layout changed, objectives changed. At some point, they eliminated the elevator. But not before they made a video of it. Wink

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well another thing about the mysterious blue door, its door handle is on the right side, all the door handles in the silo are on the left, this may just be because they are all the same door type, or it may be an indicator that that door was flipped. But why if they removed the other doors, why not remove that door compltely? All the other doors had to have catwalks, you can't reach a door floating out in nowhere, so they must have deleted the catwalk. Somthing isn't right here, I just don't know what. But there also is no other door like the blue door in the whole game.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.geocities.com/nefariousdogooder/silo.html

The elevator shaft ran along the silo from the end of the railway you start on nearest the door, all the way up to the top of the silo. The areas where the shaft touched rails are still missing railing. You can see this more clearly if you happen to have a copy of Nintendo Power, which I don't. However, evidence seems to point that either much of the silo was rearranged during development or they really liked to copy/paste.

technoPP7
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
The Silo saw massive changes throughout its development. It may even be possible that the entire walkway areas were doubled. Silo is laid out like a spiral. If you take the whole map, copy it, flip it a hundred and eighty degrees, then overlap the normal blueprint, that'd be the level. The Missile Silo #4 is already a huge stage. Imagine it twice that size. Although I can't say for certain that is all true, there are left over doors that would have led out to extra rooms. You can't see them unless you use GameShark/Action Replay codes. The aren't even the ones on the balcony catwalks, either. These are stuck inside of the missile tube walls.

As for the elevator, it was located in the first tube. When you start the mission, you'll notice the railing is missing next to the doorway. The lift once belonged there and led all the way up to the top floor. You know the area with Ourumov? Hang a right at the T-Hallway and check out the end of that balcony. More missing rails. While the layout changed, objectives changed. At some point, they eliminated the elevator. But not before they made a video of it. Wink

"I have seen the video, it is actually being played by a Nintendo Poer subscriber. During the peiord of it , when it was year short before it's realese the n64 was being sent out to lucky subscribers and they would get Beta GOldeneye,Beta Starfox, and Beta Mario. They did not know they were gbeta, the Goldeneye Beta was rumored to only have

the following levels active

Dam
Runaway
Bunker II
Surface
Silo
and beta secrets Stack and Caves.

The Stack and Caves were only rumored though the were not actually in the Demo but no one will tell though.

The game was fine up untill Silo when gamers went gonzo over the Ar33
and the Beta Guards and elevator. But for us the could have been more
no one will know"-Defrost.com

Very Happy Thanks God I saved that as a word document and pasted it.

That info is long gone off of Defrost's website,

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AHHH, so i'm sure that a few of these beta games are still out there no? To bad one couldn't be gotten hold of, if one could, then a lot of data could be taken out of it. Oh well, the chances of finding someone who has a beta demo is like finding a grain of rice in a nuclear power plant!

Maxout

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quick question, does the other side of the vents in the facility when you first start the level in solo missions lead anywhere?

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not that I am aware of, the vent leads to no where. I'm pretty sure it just leads up to nowhere (AKA "bluehell").

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was looking at the old Rare site today (I love the Web Archive!) and found this great explanation for Ouromovs key and brifcase:
Q: What is the point of Ourumov's briefcase and key in the Silo?
A: It was (as if you couldn't guess by now) another almost-objective, that in one of the plotlines drafted up for the game, would have carried plans for the Pirate helicopter, and in another would have data inside useful if not imperative for stopping the satellite from firing, later in the game. The key was so he could get about in the Silo.

"Could get about in Silo". Im thinkin elevator, and when they got rid of it, they mistakenly reassinged it to the big door, (or on purpose just to screw with us).

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ouromovs key probly opens the missle roof because it probly registers as a key and unarmed. It would make sense, because a lot of its data, such as the watch name and picture, are missing, however, it still unlocks the doors. And since unarmed opens the roof, mayby. The other keys have full data, which would explain if the roof doesn't open with them.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The only way to obtain either the key or briefcase is to kill Ourumov. Now, if you were to take him out in the Silo, how would he still be alive in the Train? Sure, you can get rid of Boris back in the Bunker, but he still manages to show up for work later in the Control Center. What can I say? Bond villains are persistent to the point where even death can't hold them back from taking over the world. Figuring that you wouldn't kill the General in the missile silo, they didn't bother to do anything to correct his key. The pick-up text is fine, although the watch menus only show it as a hyphen. There is also no graphic, nor real purpose for it. It's a skeleton key, capable of unlocking any door in the building. That would explain how Ourumov "gets about" in the silo. Did Bond ever get ahold of it? Maybe. It could have been used to access certain areas that were normally locked off. What about the briefcase? Odds are you did get the case. When equipped and used, the case would open up and give you a document. Much like how the Weapons Case operates. But how did Bond take these things from the General? Either he didn't carry them before, or he dropped them while running to the surface. Does it matter now? Only to us who still care. Smile

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

He probly dropped the key when he dropped the briefcase, but due to time issues, they just left the key on him in hopes that no one would kill him. I know, then why not make him invincible, well... I believe rare actually did want its players to find these little clues that were left behind. Mayby they thaught it would sell more games, mayby they wanted to add somthing that isn't left in many games, who knows?

Edit: You can still get the briefcase without killing the general, just shoot it and him a lot and he drops it and runs, however, the only way to get the key is to kill him. For all we know, the key might not aonly have opened the roof, all the doors, the hidden areas, but also the briefcase itself. Rare surly wanted you to get that case. It would have been easier to make it undroppable then droppable. Then again, that may have been how you got it origionaly and they just left it like that. But why is he not invincible, he isnt in the facility either. Mayby it is just the way they programed him, but if they couldn't get rid of the key, they could have easily just made the general invincible, then no one would have ever found it. Rare wanted us to find these things!

Maxout

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've gotten the briefcase and key without killing him. But, not like this matters too much. Still for level fun, like to some serious swinging with the briefcase..

*yes, guards flying over the silo walls and down the shafts*

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How did you get the key? I've only ever gotten the briefcase without killing him.

Maxout

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It only happened once and this was when I was first playing the game. I'm sure I distinctly remember briefcase and key.

Ok, I got him with the golden pp7. A little filing and worn patch at the top of the briefcase.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: