ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

December Setup Editor work
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I think the object descriptions probably need updating. They could benefit from better detailing and shortening. Some seem to be rather lengthy.

I was thinking about doing it. Maybe we can go over them together if you have the time.

Captin.Frosty
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if this has been suggested already, or rather even in the editor, but how about a Copy and Paste function for small Room Position selections, nothing large, but like simple door frame structure or small room so it can be easily moved around a level without having to drag it around, and also you don't loose the original wall.

Kind of a stretch, but I would love to see it work IF it can be done.

Goldroger
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey,
I don't know, if it's still time for improvement suggestions but what about configurable controls for the visual editor and fully interactive mouse view? I think the editor is still lacking those.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Goldroger wrote:
Hey,
I don't know, if it's still time for improvement suggestions but what about configurable controls for the visual editor and fully interactive mouse view? I think the editor is still lacking those.

There was a feature TimEh added if you press TAB to go into view mode.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Visual Editor menu lists Clone Pad and Delete Pad instead of Clone Object/Delete Object when an object is selected (they work correctly).

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oops, fixed. Also added 39850 support for solo stage id choices, not sure how useful it is now, maybe later with custom solo missions.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I added showing sky color as background in PD, but most levels don't seem to even use it.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, PD has a lot of black skies, especially in multi. They mostly relied on the clouds for color. I'll check it out later.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's something wrong with this version. Any setup I inject results in the game not getting past the title logo. I've tried clean files, a clean ROM, and even removing my saves thinking they may have gotten corrupted.

Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

you need to set the memory to 8mb, as opposed to the 4mb that GE uses.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry that was my bad, fixed, was outputting bad sky pointer.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

File -> New is working now (loads empty levels). Had two issues, bad pad size and not terminating sets if none existed.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I added sky color mods to editor for PD

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Import File wasn't working right in GE Model Editor. It didn't let you put #imgs/05s during import so it crashed randomly. Now it lets you. I tried it with a laser (importing magnum) and it did indeed fire lasers, but def need to fix 05 references since vertices were going crazy.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
I added sky color mods to editor for PD

Cool. Taking a quick look, Defection/Extraction/Mr. Blonde's Revenge have a cloud color defined for the sky, but don't enable clouds:

They don't look half bad, but they kind of destroy the fake horizon illusion the background uses. Probably a good idea to cut them (the stars are a bit out of place with them on, too). I haven't checked out too many of the other stages yet.

Speaking of cloud color, the cloud color picker in the editor is...wrong. At first I thought green and red were swapped, but the values don't match up at all. The sky color picker is fine.

Edit: Actually, looking at a few more, it looks like it's not converting from hex to decimal for the color picker. Take a look at Chicago for example:

Hex: 50 28 0A
Dec: 50 28 00

Edit 2: Those red clouds just seem to be a dummy value, unfortunately. Given that even the earliest trailer we have doesn't use them, they were probably never intended to be shown. A lot of the unused skies use those exact same colors for their clouds. They're also exactly the same as the ones used in the Skedar CS map. The unused multi slots all have dark gray clouds, with the exception of one that shares Area 52's. Deep Sea does have a unique sky though: dark red with gray clouds that aren't enabled by default. Strange, considering it takes place entirely underwater.

Edit 3: Crash Site, Pelagic II, and Villa (plus a few unused slots) don't have a sky set according to the editor, but those stages definitely have skies, and it's not the default. Any idea what's special about those?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 11 of 24

Jump to: