ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Reference: Fort Knox Interior...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Reference: Fort Knox Interior... Reply with quote Back to top

I've gathered quite a bit of reference material for the Fort Knox Interiors, including both the back entrance and main vault. Though the entire layout isn't covered, most of the important areas are. This is all you could really see in the film, so any other rooms or halls included will require some creativity. You can download the full set from the following link...

http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/misc/fortknoxint.zip

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I noticed above the vault door it says vaults 1-19 possibly indicating that there are more vaults. Could be something to think about when designing the map.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've also noticed atleast ten other vault doors within the main vault itself. I imagine that they'd probably all be locked, but it might be neat to have one or two of them opened up in the map. Maybe have a body armour stashed away inside.

radorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm doing the exteriors first, since that's the only part of the real bullion depository we can get some real reference about.
The screenshot seen in the moddb project site is from my WIP map, built over a carefully scaled and rotated screenshot from google maps.
I'm going to reproduce the outside area using measures as close as the real ones as I can, and THEN make the interiors guiding myself from the film, which will be more of a free interpretation since it won't be possible to have any exact reference there...

Of course, I will include more stuff than is seen on the film, like offices, access to other rooms in the dungeon of gold storage rooms, even access to the roof and to the surveillance posts in the 4 corners of the depository... well, basically anything that I can think of while I do the damn map.

monkeyface

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good work! Much better shots than mine, both resolution-wise and view-wise. Very useful.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Man, that is such an awesome set. I'd love to see it in GE, but I have a feeling it's going to need to be cut down significantly.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

About the only map featured in GoldenEye that the Fort Knox Gold Depository interior could be compared with, would be the Janus Control Center. They both have a large central area with multiple levels surrounding it. If four floors is too much for the game to handle, it could always be cut down to three. It shouldn't really effect the look or feel of the stage too much, and will keep the framerate up a bit more. I guess that will all depend on how tests go. Either way, this has the potential of being a jaw-dropping location.

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hmm... and here was me away to suggest doing what PD does in CI - shiny floors...

Trev

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: