ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

DD Defection Intro-city
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've also gained a much greater respect for PD during our research. Not that I didn't like it before, but I definitely have a higher opinion of it now. It's really well put together and has a lot over GoldenEye. That doesn't make it a better game, though. GE is still superior, in my opinion.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's the part of the city that has clipping...

Room 0A6 has a 4-Point tile that covers the red beam. The window on the left is of the file being viewed in Hex Edit. The tile is highlighted. The window on the right is of the area where you can land when using Moon Jump. I'm sure you could also make a pad over there for you to spawn onto. It's only that small space, though. You'll end up falling to your death if you walk off the edge.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is a bizarre looking place, I am really curious why there's clipping here. Maybe just overlooked it or seems suspicious?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm wondering if the clipping may have been put there to get a quick shot of the city before the intro cutscene was finished, and then forgotten about. Only thing is, no such shot exists as far as I know, even the early trailers had that scene finished.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tried adding a small strip of clipping and some props to the hovercab central building in Room 0A7. It worked, but it was rather disappointing to see the actual size of the architecture up close. Joanna feels like a giant standing there. I'm guessing that a fair amount of the city is the same way. Interestingly, the back half of the cabs weren't modeled. I guess if they knew which way a cinema scene was going to be shot, they wouldn't need a certain side constructed.

fantsu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

still good job.
looks funny.

oldyz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

always suspected they where miniatures like movie models.
Would having the things be normal size affect memory use of the n64?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No, they could've modeled them full size, but doing it this way makes a lot more sense. First, at full size, the textures would be stretched a lot more. This lets the textures stay sharp looking. Second, at that distance, fog and mip-mapping become issues, meaning it'll be harder to see and blurrier than having them close up. Basically, doing it this way lets you see a lot more detail than doing them at full scale, but placing them farther from the camera.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow Wreck,how come whenever I do that I just die once I spawn.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's because there aren't any clipping tiles in the city, other than on the red beam in Room 0A6. Without any tiles, you'll just fall through the architecture. I manually added in a four-point clipping tile to that building and created a new setup file with the Perfect Editor. I'm hoping we'll be able to support PD clipping fairly soon, as I've managed to figure out enough about it to get something going.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck, the Taxi area is clipped?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: