ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Post System Specifications.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dangerousd777
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Post System Specifications. Reply with quote Back to top

What is everyone using? I have a Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, Pentium 4 541 Prescott 3.2 w/ hyperthreading @ 4 ghz, 4 GB (2x2) DDR2 RAM 800 mhz dual channel @ 1 ghz, same with quad pumped FSB (250x4). A eVGA 8600GT 256MB DDR3 SSC [540 mhz core, 1188 shader, 700 memory (1400 effective) at factory overclocked 684/1500/810 brought to 716/1728/882 (1784) completely stable]

Still using a Seagate 80 GB Barracuda SATA HDD. I should probably invest in more space.

My other card died and it would have been a while to replace my power supply then get a better card and since this card is mostly sufficient compared to the Intel GMA 3100 I figured I'd get it from my cousin for a fraction the original price. At least it has a copper cooler and doesn't get above 80 C with the best OC I could throw at it.

So yes, supposedly the Pentium 4 is only 60% efficient of it's clockspeed, with a Pentium 2 at 2 ghz performing 80% as well as a Pentium 4 at 4, but with Hyperthreading there are 10-30% (even up to 50 percent) gains in multithreaded applications.

I'm thinking it would be a good idea to get a Core 2 duo [such as e8400] before swapping out PSU for something 500W+ and get a 9800 GT or better.

Goldeneye 007 runs like 70-110 FPS on Project 64 and like 200-300 in the intro, at like 640x480 res but still, CPU bottleneck.

Pretty much every game runs well, including Crysis Warhead, Oblivion [super smooth with max settings at 1280x1024 and hyperthreading/multithreaded tweaks] and especially Battlefield 2.

Now... it's your turn. Razz

Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dangerousd777
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Uhm... my bad, maybe I should have posted this thread somewhere else.

Oh well, it barely relates to emulation unless your talking about Project 64...

In that case, Project 64 runs without a hitch, and from what I remember Mupen 64k ran very well for online multiplayer in the first P2P games I tried out with GE Master and some other players. If I could get another USB adapter I would start playing more matches. In the meantime, I could

I miss the good old days... Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I miss the good old days...

Me to

But i hav a good computer and the ram is 256 and my Grafet card is Is a Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV But i have to ask you how do i updat my Grafet card i meen i went to the intel.com and i can update it but wen i do the updat it says My Grafet card is a custem Grafet card do you no how to fix this?

Dangerousd777
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EternallyAries wrote:
Quote:
I miss the good old days...

Me to

But i hav a good computer and the ram is 256 and my Grafet card is Is a Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV But i have to ask you how do i updat my Grafet card i meen i went to the intel.com and i can update it but wen i do the updat it says My Grafet card is a custem Grafet card do you no how to fix this?

There may be modded drivers or a different version of drivers which should work.

Are you able to play most games? Most Intel chipsets lack hardware transform & lighting units, which does the texture clipping on the geometrical meshes and lighting transformation. You can use a program called 3D Analyze 0.36b to emulate this feature and others which may be required by games.

There are modded drivers for the GMA 950 which allow up to a 400% performance increase, those modded drivers just might work with your Intel chipset, they did with mine but they did not increase performance, then again mine is the Intel G31 chipset.

Try this site: http://groups.google.com/group/intel9x-gaming/web/games-that-work-intel-gma-950

The GMA booster can overclock the integrated chipset to of course increase performance (because some chipsets are underpowered due to their lower clocks... and the only difference is the clocks sometimes) (doesn't work on GMA 3100 though).

In my bios I can change the amount of RAM usable by the integrated gfx card between 128, 256, or 'maximum' (which might cap at 384).

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks man im going to check it out but yes some game wont work at all i have to use my mom computer to even play The Sims 2 the sky wus culer Wite and the game wus so slow lol

Dangerousd777
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That must be because of the transform and lighting incapability.

3D Analyze is the solution, as long as you have a fast CPU, it will run at reasonable speeds.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just got the GMABoster and it wont work for me it says internal error
do you no how to fix it i click on my intel and it still wont work

Dangerousd777
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EternallyAries wrote:
I just got the GMABoster and it wont work for me it says internal error
do you no how to fix it i click on my intel and it still wont work

I see, maybe it's not working on that particular chipset.

The drivers should work though, if at least you could find an older version...

These particular drivers don't work? -> http://www.soft32.com/download_173342.html

"Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller 6.14.10.4020"

Hmm, the modded drivers for the 945/950 GMA or drivers for the other intel chipsets just might work, most of them happen to offer similar performance.

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Processor: AMD athlon 64 x2
Graphics Card:
nVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE(Internal Card)
nVIDIA GeForce 8400(External Card)
Sound card: Default(I guess..)
Motherboard: Unknown
Disc Drive: I don't really think it matters; plus it doesn't have a a brand on it so I'm afraid to use it
Harddrive:
1.) 500 GB SATA HDD[Internal]
2.) 320 GB WD External Harddrive(For GE Stuff)

Dangerousd777
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NapalNero wrote:
Processor: AMD athlon 64 x2
Graphics Card:
nVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE(Internal Card)
nVIDIA GeForce 8400(External Card)
Sound card: Default(I guess..)
Motherboard: Unknown
Disc Drive: I don't really think it matters; plus it doesn't have a a brand on it so I'm afraid to use it
Harddrive:
1.) 500 GB SATA HDD[Internal]
2.) 320 GB WD External Harddrive(For GE Stuff)

Pretty good system. With an Athlon 64 x2 (depending on frequency and cache) you probably have enough raw CPU capability to pair up with something such as a GTX 260.

My Pentium 4 would pair up just fine with a 8800/9800 GT or GTX (+), depending on the game, but with Crysis Warhead or Oblivion I'm GPU bottlenecking at higher resolutions/settings, otherwise I would be good to go.

A lot of games only use 40-50% GPU usage at 1600x1200 though, but I'd like to get a better card just to be able to force supersampling antialiasing (increasing the internal resolution so the entire image is smoother and cleaner)

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The page wont load at all for me Dangerousd777 Do you no how to fix that?

Dangerousd777
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EternallyAries wrote:
The page wont load at all for me Dangerousd777 Do you no how to fix that?

Google up some drivers for the Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV or just the 82845G portion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: