ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE Objects in PD...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: GE Objects in PD... Reply with quote Back to top

Most of us know by now that a few objects from GoldenEye found their way into Perfect Dark. Some of them are obvious, while others are either harder to spot or only found though hacking. Here's a list of all the props, of which I know, that are still in the ROM...

Code:
057: Pborg_crateZ   -->   003: Pborg_crateZ
062: ProofgunZ      -->   000: ProofgunZ
0B8: PchrkalashZ   -->   11A: PchrkalashZ
0BC: Pchrm16Z      -->   11D: Pchrm16Z
0BD: Pchrmp5kZ      -->   11C: Pchrmp5kZ
0BF: PchrwppkZ      -->   117: PchrwppkZ
0C1: PchrskorpionZ   -->   119: PchrskorpionZ
0C3: PchruziZ      -->   11B: PchruziZ
0C4: PchrgrenadeZ   -->   111: PchrflashbangZ
0C5: Pchrfnp90Z      -->   11E: Pchrfnp90Z
0C6: PchrbriefcaseZ   -->   011: PchrbriefcaseZ
0CD: Pchrtt33Z      -->   118: Pchrtt33Z
0F5: PchrbugZ      -->   012: PchrbugZ
110: PchrdattapeZ   -->   xxx: PresearchtapeZ
12B: PgroundgunZ   -->   001: PgroundgunZ
145: Pdoor_rollertrainZ -->   015: Pdoor_rollertrainZ
14D: PflagZ      -->   016: PflagZ
14F: PmodemboxZ      -->   017: PmodemboxZ
151: PdoorconsoleZ   -->   018: PdoorconsoleZ

Interesting facts:
Both drone guns, as well as the briefcase, contain internal textures. This means that the textures used for them in GE are not in the ROM, but rather inside of their own model file. No other models can use them.

The DAT Tape and the Research Tape are incredibly similar. They share three textures and look identical from the front. The backs are different, however. Almost seems like a mistake in their PD port. They also added a new texture for the bottom, which creates the illusion of tape. The research tape also isn't setup to be a prop for use in maps, and is only used in the inventory block. Perhaps this information, as well as the fact that it is very far into the file table, means it was a later addition.

Some things aren't 'direct' ports, they've been changed ever so slightly. You'd have to go over it with a fine-tooth comb to figure out the subtle modification. The weapon props may have been adjusted to better suit the PD characters, but it is hard to say for certain.

010: Pcryptdoor1bZ is pretty much the same as the original Pcryptdoor1bZ from GoldenEye. However, the textures used are quite odd. It calls two textures, both being "000". I'd have to give them both a good side-by-side comparison, but everything else seemed to match.

If you know of anymore GE props in PD, let me know. I'm compiling a list and it'll help me in the porting department. Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

oldyz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

to help you out with this we need to look trough # values?

or there is a way to see them in the game or the ge editor and you can confirm if "internal" textures are from GE?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I actually think I've found all of the props leftover from GoldenEye. I doubt that there are anymore than what I have listed. The Editor doesn't properly display models with internal textures, so those can be hard to make out. Best way is to replace an object in a setup file with another one, then test it out and see what appears there in-game. You can check, but I'm afraid it may only be a waste of time.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: