ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

The Missing Weapon - Updated: 02/18/2010 @ 12:50pm
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radorn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck, let me know if you receive my PMs because the PM system is doing strange things.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for putting up the picture, DB. It's a little small and blurry, but the position can be made out. Because of Rare shifting around the ammo indicators so much, it makes it harder to tell where it is exactly. It seems as though the player may be turning left, as their angle is off and the weapon seems to be turned a little. If this is the only existing shot, I might be better off just keeping it the way it is. It matches the GE original quite well, so it's probably good enough.

Replacing the originals and using them in the Combat Simulator. Well, as of right now, the Classic Weapons from GoldenEye can't be used by simulants. They can pick them up, but are unable to draw them. So by not replacing the normal PD arsenal, you prevent CS matches from being properly playable. There's also quite a few extra GE weapons, which means more slots are necessary. Though there are a few unused or beta slots, it probably wouldn't be enough for this project. Also, I wouldn't yet know how to add them to the weapon cycle. You'd need to choose them out of your inventory menu, rather than cycling through.

Radorn was able to give three weapons a test for me. The Golden Gun and Sniper Rifle look fine, but the other still suffers from the 1x1 texture issue. The Golden Gun can be paired, but the other two have invisible left guns. Also, it seems as though Mupen64++ might be one of the more accurate emulators. That temporary freezing issue that occurs in certain situations, such as stepping off a lift, occurs on console. Only there, it doesn't recover... Confused

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty sure it is turned to the left a bit; it's a part of a sequence of shooting an ammo box (really odd thing to show in a screenshot, isn't it?).

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Worked out a problem I was having with a weapon.
Check out the top of the first page for new images.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very cool, my second favorite GE weapon in terms of appearances. Nice renaming, too.

oldyz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The phantom loos really good in PD, one of the best weapons in goldneye, and barely used- i always wondered why it got so little use.....

it is too bad that so far you guys can only do this by replacing
the default weapons.
i hope some day to see that objects and all new things can be added without losing the old stuff.

while looking for help for n64 wrestling games
i found that one mario 64 editor can expand the ROM

expanding the rom does not help do that for PD?

can we show those pics somewhere else too?

Last edited by oldyz on Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can, if you'd like. I don't see a problem with that.

oldyz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thank you Wreck.Surprised

i also edited the post with some other questions that we had
and i want to know how any of you in the forum think about it

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PD already has a huge amount of weapons and gadgets. Adding onto that would be almost ridiculous. There's only so much space allotted for different things. Guns, heads, bodies, props, etc. Appending new files is one thing, but incorporating them is another. Even tacking on additional files could prove troublesome. If you reworked certain index files and shifted things in the ROM, I'm sure you could figure something out. But trying to keep all of the props in PD while adding in tons of GoldenEye ones just isn't worth it.

oldyz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh no
all props would be too much.

i meant just for the weapons and Bond gadgets
(like the watch laser bond arm-pause menu )

and heads and bodies.

oldyz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i had this weird feeling that what could be done is multiply
a gun - so the expanded ROM with modification ends up having

example: 2 falcon silenced

then the duplicate weapon is replaced by the GE gun
example: turn the second silenced falcon in to the pp7

if something like that is possible eventually, we can have all PD guns and Goldeneye guns in the same game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: