ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Praise for Goldeneye Forever/Tournament Ideas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T-Bone
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Praise for Goldeneye Forever/Tournament Ideas Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there, just discovered Goldeneye Forever only a few weeks ago and I got to say, it's more or less given the Goldeneye game a complete rebirth for me. Awesome work you've done so far on the site there Graham! (on a side note however, most of the video clips seem to be down at the moment sadly) Thank you for linking to the Gameshark Gods and leaving vistors with a wealth of new gameplay options. I've been waiting for the board to reopen for a while now, but let us cut to the meat of the matter.

I wanted to ask if you or any other Goldeneye players have some suggestions for hosting a tournament. I'm planning on hosting one at my college since it's hard to come across decent competition when your entire floor refuses to play because "you're too cheap" =P.
I was lucky enough to acquire a Gameshark, so it's more or less a given that the Normal Mode code will be on along with the extra characters code. Any suggestions of possible gameplay types besides the standard 2 player games? I was thinking of having a series of team games that would award the best duo of the tournament in addition to all the solo glory hogs. Flag Tag is also a possibility but the rampant abuse that could result leave me cold to the idea.

Enough rambling, thanks for reading and I hope this board picks up in activity soon!

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Glad you like the website! Thanks for the info about the videos not working also.

Tournament wise, I know some regular visitors of the site have recently done some. They should be able to offer some advice on other possible play modes. I know I'm stuck on the head to head adrenaline rush. One thing you might consider though is using the codes that give only one weapon on the entire map. Might be unpopular, not sure. A player really has no excuses in the Golden Gun instance. Give me some updates via email and I'll post info on the home page about it.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: still in exile Reply with quote Back to top

Probably the best thing you can do is use codes to set a 5 kill or 5 minutes, 10 kills or 10 minutes, etc match setup. If they aren't at gscentral.org/com, they are simple:

select "x minutes" for setting to be effective
NTSC
8102B00A 0005
8102B016 000A
8102B022 0014

format is:
9xxx 0000 tttt tttt kkkk kkkk
x: text sample
t: time, in seconds
k: kills

Gosh, I haven't run a tournament in years - before my hacking days. Even with Citadel nobody seems to be interested...

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good call on that one man. Yes, the whole time limit with a score cap.

T-Bone
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, prompt replies!

Thanks for those codes zoin, those will come in quite handy. Also, I may as well take this time to thank you for the work you poured into the Citadel. While you say few people you've shown it to are impressed, most of my friends have been blown away by it and want to play it right away.

I'm still ironing out the details, as I mentioned above, but a team tournament seems to be a very popular idea at the moment along with an elimination game. I'll be creating flyers for the event to post up on campus, so I'll have those ready soon for you fine people to look at.

I was thinking, just for giggles, about adding in a Magnum Only at -10 Health match as well and calling it "Mexican Standoff". Would be an entertaining diversion at least.

navalofficer
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Bont Tournaments Reply with quote Back to top

Hi T-Bone, We have run a few (21) bond tournaments in our time with mates and anyone that thinks they are good enough. I have made a tempory site with the rules that we play by incase some of the ideas can help you with yours. I know the feeling when no one will play you cos your too "cheap". When actually what they are saying is that your too dam good as this game for me. Anyway check it out at http://www.angelfire.com/planet/bt/[/url]

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the boards! Glad you put up a link for your site. I'm really glad to hear from you guys!

navalofficer
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers. Its an awesome thing you guys have got going here. What are the tournaments like that you know of? just out of interest so we may be ably to improve ours.

johnconner18
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yes the same thing happened to me about my goldeneye/n64 rebirth cause of goldeneyeforever.com so i bought a system and am getting back into it Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: