ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[XBLA] Xbox censors=no "Perfect Head" , unaceptabl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldyz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: [XBLA] Xbox censors=no "Perfect Head" , unaceptabl Reply with quote Back to top

Something happened to my friend Ollo
at the xbox forums that shed some dirty things
that i thought was only legend....

the infamous people that censor things,
it looks like some called xbox ambassadors are in charge of regulating not just forums, they regulate what name you can give your character in the combat simulator.

the friend was banned for 3 days by an xbox ambassador called banstyle, i did remember the name and google search puts this result:

http://fcmaps.com/p/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?51214

search in the page with browser for this banstyle character and it seems that some of his decisions are very weird - like "bad words hiding in names"

this i think is the reason why perfect head will not be seen in the xbox360 version.

also having some arbitrary person like a mexican bureocrata telling you what you can name your character online sounds very bad

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's pretty ridiculous. I can understand censoring or not allowing certain names, but some of those decisions were just pathetic. Trying to find dirty or somewhat offensive words "hidden" inside of other words? Give me a break. They take down something with "Assault" in it because of the word "Ass" being included in it? Jeez, you'd think "Assassin's Creed" would be really screwed, since it has two asses! Razz

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

oldyz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oh this gets worse.......

Ollo sent me this following thing

i think it explains a lot about the rear-end obsessed xbox ambassadors:

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6708/banstyleprofile.png

according to some searches it seems that this individual is of
the flamboyant kind...

We find this very ironic and huge hypocrisy from this guy especially since he should know better thing than to treat players like that, it is not nice that microsoft does this "combing" for offensive things for his comunity
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=67354093997

so i don't know what causes this guy as an ambassador to "troll" users and playing this annoying jokes on them

we mexicans hate censorship, years and years we had lots of it.

i give you this information here for
when any of you in this forum ever play PD online on the xbox, if you ever get one of this unreasoned prohibitions, it probably comes from Banstyle or any of his close ambassador friends.

I heard for years now that this dumb censorships happen and now at least we know of one to blame.
if they are playin a dumb private joke thing among their circles
i just wonder who this "police" guys answer to

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

man thats ridiculous i meen Call of duty let you name your name like the F word and a Word and all kind of stuff i meen its cool to meen i just cant beleve that thay wont aload you to name what ever you want even thu its rated M i just wonder y?

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, I find that really rediculous. Alot of people's names, and even alot of popular ones, have curse words hidden in them. I don't get that.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Me ether acceptable67

HackBond

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If I add something about my personal life (Straight, Homosexual etc) in my bio, and get banned for it. I am gonna phone up Microsoft myself (My dad usually did it) and tell them to unban my account, for supposidly offending the community when I clearly did not.

I would laugh at them too, censoring material that doesn't need to be censored. Fricken 6 year olds play the offending level in MW2, how more offending can stuff in your bio be?

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I should be banned from the Internet.
My online handle is "Wreck", which could secretly mean Erection.
Baby, I'm so totally wreck right now.

I guess it's up to the "Ambassador" and their feelings.
Problem is, feelings shouldn't factor into those decisions.
Unfortunately, offenses are often emotionally driven.

HackBond

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Spyster wrote:
If I add something about my personal life (Straight, Homosexual etc) in my bio, and get banned for it. I am gonna phone up Microsoft myself (My dad usually did it) and tell them to unban my account, for supposidly offending the community when I clearly did not.

I would laugh at them too, censoring material that doesn't need to be censored. Fricken 6 year olds play the offending level in MW2, how more offending can stuff in your bio be?

Oh yeah, forgot to mention something.

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH B U L L S H I T FROM MICROSOFT!

I spaced it to show my rage, and avoid the censor. Edit it if you need to Wreck and the rest.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My Xbox Live bio is completely offensive! All of my friends think it's really funny and they want me to keep it on there. One of my friends laughed hard when he read it.

Half-ass Ambassador: Pull ass and dial 1-800-YOU-ARE-GAY while playing Assassin's creed.

My Xbox 360 Elite got one red ring quadrant on it and received and error called "E74". I just packaged it and gave it to UPS today. I certainly hope they send it back in proper working order so that it will never happen again. This is absolute crap. I really wanted to be one of the first people to get Perfect Dark XBLA on March 17th and pay 800 MS points to confirm the download at exactly 12:01 A.M. That would be the very first minute of March 17th. What the hell? Crying or Very sad Mad

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Spyster: I think we can let that one slide. Wink

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lmao Wreck, your "E - Wreck-tion" XD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: