ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[Map] Library: Oct 10th, 2010
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radorn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Count on some hardware footage for that theaser. I'll try to test this system's hability to record at full speed with the PCI capture card I was "donated" because the cellphone camera is quite crappy.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just wanted to see if someone (probably either Sub or DB) wanted to test something out for me while I'm still away from home...

When I tried starting up a Combat Simulator match with a Simulant in the Library, he couldn't move. He'd spawn in one of the points set in the Intro Block, but he'd be running in place. He could still pickup and use weapons, if you shot one over to him. There wasn't any AI Pad Network to connect the rooms together, so that could be the reason he didn't think he could move anywhere. Could somebody try sticking some pads around a map (any map, really) and make an AI Network? If that still won't get them to move, then perhaps we need to look harder at what those unknown pads are for.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I'll give a try later on tonight. I'm sure the issue is the lack of the path network, though. I've removed the extra pads from a few CS files thinking they might be required for sims, and it didn't seem to have any effect on their AI. (I also thought they might control Slayer FBW boundaries - again, no effect on it.)

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sims use the path network, so if they don't exit, they;re clueless. Can't you start with BMW's path network for his library mission converted from GE?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The problem with BMW's network, was that it was constructed with fake walls in place. He blocked off certain areas and created new rooms by using the secret sliders. It'd need heavy modification, in both the Basement and Stack. I really don't think it should be hard to create from scratch, though. We even have Temple and Complex to use as guides from PD, if necessary.

In GoldenEye, the characters could still move around without the path network. They just ended up slowing the game down to a crawl whenever they lost sight of the player. In Perfect Dark, they simply seem to run in place. I didn't test to see if that was only for CS Simulants, or if it'd also affect actual character objects from the setup file. Might be worth checking that out.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just as confirmation, I ran a partial network through a few rooms of Temple, and the sim would follow me until it hit a room boundary, where it would just walk in place like you described until I headed back where the network was.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, very good to know. I was beginning to wonder if the unknown pads were for Simulants. They should be in every map, for both Combat Simulator and mission based. I thought maybe the Coop Sims might rely on them, but perhaps they don't need them. I wonder if there would be a way to contact someone at Rare or 4J and see if they could tell us what the heck they're for?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, I think I'd rather have a list of all possible actions, if we were to go with that route.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heh they might not have delved into there. I can ask around I suppose.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, whatever information someone is willing to provide us with, it'd be helpful in some way. Those extra pads, BG interactive lighting, camera movements in cinemas, anything. I'm sure we'd be able to figure most of it out eventually, but a point in the right direction by someone who knows what they're talking about wouldn't hurt.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just an update: I finished up the final area that required clipping. The whole stage is now fully playable and the walls / pillars act as obstructions. Sims should be able to see and shoot through the floor grates, as well as the one railing. I'll have to go back in and touch up the tile RGB at some point, but it shouldn't matter for our initial testing.

As of right now, the body armours are still in their original positions. I'll need to figure out what to do with them, since they'll also need to have ammo crates added in for alternate weapon sets. Weapon ID arrangement may require some modification, as well.

The dark and light rooms will need looking into. I believe there are five or six rooms that appear to have darker floors and ceilings. I haven't noticed anything off in the Basement, but it may just be harder to tell.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Small updates for Library:
Since the first release, I've made some slight alterations...

The two doors that originally separated the Basement from the Stack have been removed. Though I liked it at first, it doesn't feel natural to me. It really does seem better with them gone.

I've also rotated a few of the weapons and ammo crates, as well as added in ammunition for the armour. I didn't have them in for the first release, so only the weapon itself would appear, without any ammo boxes.

The last thing left to do (besides the AI Path Network), is add in the bases for Capture the Flag mode. I'll be working on this tomorrow, so they'll definitely be included in the second official patch.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

00action was kind enough to send me all the maps he had of the GoldenEye levels, which allowed me to get started on designing an AI Path Network for the Library. I've only done the Basement so far, and even that may seem some small alterations during actual construction. Here's what it will roughly look like...

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow good job on the map 00action.

I do say he did a very good job on the path network in the basement.

Trevor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I thought I read a long time ago that the path network had to cris-cross the rooms?

Also it looks funny with all those straight lines then at entrances to rooms they go off to a skew (One just misses the corner of the wall). Thatd be funny to see a sim get stuck there.
Also, whats wrong with the other 4 "Alleys" (the brown colourd bit where there are 6 in total, 3 each side, 2 ammo and a gun)

Trev

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: