ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Online Perfect Dark Campaign (Cactus is Back)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oxidice
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah that server doesn't seem to be working but I did take a look for some servers in which I've played myself also

This one is good server for euro players (located in Germany)
92.51.138.220:27888 - Recoil's Emulinker Server

72.5.152.70:27888 - GodWeapon's best of the best emulinker SF server (located in Virginia) seems decent one for US players

I'm going to have to give a Guncam program a try also to see which one works better. I was also checking at your hacked weapons and they indeed would be really cool to get patched into rom somehow, but I unfortunately don't know how to help you there Sad

EDIT: Yes I typoed another IP, but fixed it now

Last edited by oxidice on Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The two IPs you listed are completely identical, is that a typo mistake?

About the hacked weapons being patched:

I don't know either, but I believe eventually the hacked weapons will find a way to be patched in some way. Maybe .xdelta, only if I understand why .xdelta patched PD roms lag so much and lacks any available space for saving (it's probably the patching program, but I dunno for sure).

I've played a seriously good round of the hacked weapons last night, and they were a lot better if they didn't erase the hands in other guns. So that's why I'm planning to give one final modification -- a whole update -- to ALL of my hacked weapons. And release the information on how to do individual no hands code.

ALL of my hacked weapons will soon be able to play with the original PD weapons or hacked guns that uses hands (like Eagle and HyperDragon) without the need of eliminating the hands.

fantsu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That would be great, I dislike the "no hands" code.

Very Happy Very Happy

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oxidice wrote:

72.5.152.70:27888 - GodWeapon's best of the best emulinker SF server (located in Virginia) seems decent one for US players

ive benn to this server hardly any PD but ive seen a few
yes i have mupen64++

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?p=29614#29614

Alright, the individual No Hands code were implemented.
I like to give a great thanks to InsomniaDMX (yes, he's still alive) for the big help.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure what you mean about the Xdelta patched PD ROMs, Cactus...

When you say that they lag, what emulator are you using? Mupen64 shouldn't have any trouble running it as-is, but PJ64 would need the ROM settings updated. All of the customized GoldenEye ROMs (well, the vast majority, anyway) end up with different checksums. This makes it so the emulator doesn't know what to fill in for the ROM settings. After you change them appropriately, the game should run fine.

Also, when you say that you have no space to save, this could also be due to the way the ROM settings are setup. I've had trouble getting customized PD ROMs to play in certain emulators, too. Either the controller pak or game pak says that there isn't any space. You can fix this in an options menu, if you check it out.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I use an .xdelta patching program called "xdelta UI Version 1.1" which creates a new PD rom from an old one with the patch.

I might do need to get the PJ64 options updated, but Mupen didn't work as well for me either. I'll see what I can do, thanks for the heads up.

myryon spoof
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to also, but how?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in Very Happy

myryon spoof
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

myryon spoof wrote:
can't seem to find a descent emulator >Sad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

myryon spoof wrote:
myryon spoof wrote:
can't seem to find a descent emulator >Sad

Project64 1.6 for SinglePlayer, MupenBeta ++ for Multi. Both are on the www.goldeneyeonline.com website. Made by GE MASTER.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

myryon spoof
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject: cool. Reply with quote Back to top

Very Happy hey, thx, man. every time I would go to run 1964, there would be glitchy graphics, & no sound. I think u can imagine what online play would be like that. Shocked

00Dark

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:

Also, when you say that you have no space to save, this could also be due to the way the ROM settings are setup. I've had trouble getting customized PD ROMs to play in certain emulators, too. Either the controller pak or game pak says that there isn't any space. You can fix this in an options menu, if you check it out.

This saving problem occurs on every single Perfect Dark game cartridge. It will first appear as if there's no space to save on the cartridge even though you knew positively that there's still available file spaces. Next it will completely erase the darkened out Game Pak: Full text and not show it at all, forcing you to save via memory pak. Eventually you can't save on a memory pak either and therefore can't even make a new agent file. This is a huge problem for the cartridges, but unfortunately can't be fixed because they're cartridges and can't be overwritten. You can, however, fix this problem on an emulator since the game is being played on a virtual N64 in the form of software. You can mod anything you want and change settings that you couldn't do with the physical game cartridge unless there is a way to fix it with a GameShark or something similar. I was thinking a backup device, perhaps. Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: