ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

PD - Coming to XBLA! [Last Updated 11th March '10]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Old Mr. Blonde looked a lot more menacing. This one looks more like a Swedish male model lol, well maybe that's an exaggeration. Nevertheless, this game should be stellar. I did confirm that their will be 1vs1 Splitscreen Online too!

"In fact, players can even compete via split screen over Xbox LIVE."

http://blastmagazine.com/the-magazine/gaming/gaming-news/2010/03/interview-perfect-dark-xbla/[/url]

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Joanna's showing some leg in that shot, boy. Razz

Which is horrifying to me with the clown-esque makeup...

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Having had a closer look, it appears as though Mr Blonde should be called Mr Brown-with-blonde-highlights!

To be honest, I like everything that I have seen so far in regards to the XBLA version.

And remember folks, you could always download the demo of it when it's released (around 250MB if anyone is interested in how large the download is) and give it a good go before making your minds up.

Should be fun! Wink

plodo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

First 10 Minutes of Gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIY-d3U7qK8

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone else think that the interactive lighting is almost blinding? When the player looks over in the direction of the light source, the screen gets this intense wash of white, which is far more overpowering than in the original. It is seriously starting to hurt my eyes.

The person playing has either never played PD before, doesn't remember the maps, or is acting like they don't. I was beginning to wonder if they'd ever ride the lift down to the foyer.

DB: She does seem to be laying it on pretty thick, doesn't she? (make-up)

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

plodo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

2 more gameplay videos:
Datadyne Central Extraction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgWR5YRDZ9E
Carrington Villa: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKGpkq7y8ug

And great comparison video between the original and new gaphics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmBtHCnhaLM

This video shows few more faces: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQBnWiPEnEU
I'm not sure of all of them. But I'm pretty sure that you can see: Trent, Jonathan, Velvet, President. And the others we've seen already.

oldyz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Does anyone else think that the interactive lighting is almost blinding? When the player looks over in the direction of the light source, the screen gets this intense wash of white, which is far more overpowering than in the original. It is seriously starting to hurt my eyes.

The person playing has either never played PD before, doesn't remember the maps, or is acting like they don't. I was beginning to wonder if they'd ever ride the lift down to the foyer.

DB: She does seem to be laying it on pretty thick, doesn't she? (make-up)

I like the that the light hurts the eyes.
it very realistic, since the times of the n64, almost no other games get that Pain for your eyes reflex correctly.
if its worse pain- more real?

i have sent a response PM again Wreck, i hit reply but that one might not even exist it does not show in outbox.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure why this just popped into my head, but I'm wondering if the faded weapons may be because of improper implementation of the RGB lighting from the clipping tiles. I would think characters would be affected by that too, though. Most of the tiles are white or shades of gray, so if they weren't tinting the weapon models exactly the same as the original game did, it's not surprising that they would look faded out. I'm not sure if that's really a better situation than just using poor textures to begin with (I'd imagine it would have a higher chance of being patched out, but given that nothing has been done about it yet...).

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BG Lighting: If you were to walk out from a dark cave in the Crash Site and back into the bright outdoors, than the blinding effect would be great. However, it's happening even in well lit rooms as soon as your viewing range comes across a light source. I understand a slight increase in screen brightening, but not to the extent that I'm seeing in these videos.

Tile RGB: It may very well be a possibility. If you notice during the intro to dataDyne Research - Investigation, Joanna goes almost black as she motions into the corner of the elevator. It's quite distracting, but does illustrate that the RGB is working on characters. Not sure if it is as noticable in the original N64 version. I'd have tweaked it, personally, just for the sake of cinema presentation alone.

They really didn't let us get a very good glimpse at the other faces in the Combat Simulator, eh? Joanna Arctic seems totally redone (less 'cute', more prepared?). Is it just me, or does the Elvis Scuba head scare the sh!t out of you? Strangely, some heads appear to have necks, while others don't. The trippy background only came up when choosing a character, too. The Shocktrooper helmet floats off of the Elvis body pretty badly. Wonder if it was that bad on N64? (maybe just related to the neck or no neck re-design?) Also, anyone else tired of seeing these preview videos being played by the worst players possible? Makes me actually interested to see what the speedrun experts are going to be putting up when this thing is released.

*the above paragraph almost makes me feel like some know-it-all d!ck who is bashing the 360 version, having read it over. I hope none of you feel the same way. Confused

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
the above paragraph almost makes me feel like some know-it-all d!ck who is bashing the 360 version, having read it over. I hope none of you feel the same way.

its ok your not bing a no it all d!ck you are just telling us what you fill like thay need to fix.

Quote:
BG Lighting: If you were to walk out from a dark cave in the Crash Site and back into the bright outdoors, than the blinding effect would be great. However, it's happening even in well lit rooms as soon as your viewing range comes across a light source. I understand a slight increase in screen brightening, but not to the extent that I'm seeing in these videos.

Tile RGB: It may very well be a possibility. If you notice during the intro to dataDyne Research - Investigation, Joanna goes almost black as she motions into the corner of the elevator. It's quite distracting, but does illustrate that the RGB is working on characters. Not sure if it is as noticable in the original N64 version. I'd have tweaked it, personally, just for the sake of cinema presentation alone.

They really didn't let us get a very good glimpse at the other faces in the Combat Simulator, eh? Joanna Arctic seems totally redone (less 'cute', more prepared?). Is it just me, or does the Elvis Scuba head scare the sh!t out of you? Strangely, some heads appear to have necks, while others don't. The trippy background only came up when choosing a character, too. The Shocktrooper helmet floats off of the Elvis body pretty badly. Wonder if it was that bad on N64? (maybe just related to the neck or no neck re-design?)

I agred with you Wreck thay do need to fix all the Stuff you put on but the most werst thing thy need to fix is the BG Lighting

Quote:
Also, anyone else tired of seeing these preview videos being played by the worst players possible? Makes me actually interested to see what the speedrun experts are going to be putting up when this thing is released.

I agred with this one to thay have ben puting the worst player Ever to even play PD.

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Newest Multiplayer vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUIcFsvUGos

24 Hours till PD XBLA Laughing

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I thought I had noticed this in another video, but I just noticed it three more times in this one. Whenever the player acquires a weapon and switches to it from unarmed, there is a slight pause. I know this happens when playing the original game via emulation, but was it that noticable on the N64? It doesn't seem to happen all the time, either. It appears to happen more often on the first weapon cycle, from unarmed to whatever you picked up.

The simulants also seem to spend more time exploring the maps than they do trying to kill you. Maybe just out searching for shields?

One thing I will say that I like, is how fast you go from menu to match, and vice versa. It's pretty seamless, really.

fantsu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is probably the worst playing I have ever seen. Ever.
Shocked

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yup it is a slight pause wen thay switches weapon but i thut this only happens on the Emulators it never happen on the N64

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: