ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[XBLA] PD xbla textures to PD N64

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: [XBLA] PD xbla textures to PD N64 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I've been visiting some PD-related sites and I saw these texture comparisons.So I was wondering if we can use the Pefect edtitor and put these new texture's in pd?

Cetan

Misc stuff(with cheese)

Dr.Carrol

Ken Lobb

So They only showed 4 comparisons, but if we get our hands on more new/updated texture's then we can overhaul the whole game Razz
So is this possible or should I stop daydreaming?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haha, no way. The largest size you can import is 32x64/64x32, for colored textured. Grayscale can have up to 64x64. The only way you could make use of them in the actual game would be to scale them down to that size, which would probably look worse than the originals.

Your other option is to use them with a plugin that supports high res texture packs. That way you get them at their original quality, but it's emulation-only. Also, while they'll probably work fine for backgrounds, you're going to need to do some editing to make them work with the low poly actor and prop models.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wow bummer Sad

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ken Lobb is terrifying there

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, he really is. Laughing

One thing I notice, just look at the Cetan textures, see how many details are different? This is why the game looks "off" to us, we're noticing all of these little things in the screenshots without realizing it. It would've been very simple to duplicate the original sizes, shapes, indents, etc. on the textures and avoid that altogether. Had they loaded up the original character face textures, searched for some people who looked similar on the development team, and did a bit of photoshopping I bet we'd have gotten better results than clown makeup Jo...

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I thenk it wud work it wud take a lot of Resizeing and pixile to make it look like the new game and heck ill give it a shot to resize it and maybe ill get it look as good as posubel.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dude, Ken Lobb's image looks awesome.
It totally reminds me of a face mask from Mission: Impossible. Very Happy

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

oldyz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow , that was fast.......

i have the guess that these are from the port itself right?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: