ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

RetroZone's N64 USB Adapter...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: RetroZone's N64 USB Adapter... Reply with quote Back to top

I bought one of these off of the RetroZone website and it arrived in a fairly short period of time. It was sent to my brother's house, so I'm only just getting a chance to try it out now. I must say, it definitely performs well.

I've tested it to work with three different controllers. An original Nintendo 64 gray controller, an InterAct Superpad 64 Plus, and a Performance SuperPad 64. The official N64 joypad seems to work the best out of the bunch, but the others are supported and operate well. It's just the left and right look that seems slightly buggy. Perhaps I'd just need to reset the controllers, since I used the Nintendo one first. Since I don't have any intentions of using those anyway, it doesn't matter too much. The official pad fits in nice and snug, receives a signal from each button, analog stick feels good (may need to adjust the deadzone a bit more), and finally allows me to play N64 games the way they should be played. Bye-bye keyboard gaming! Very Happy

I also didn't even realize it before having the product in my hand, but it's designed to resemble a miniature Nintendo 64. Very cool.

http://www.retrousb.com/index.php
http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=82

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

radorn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for reporting, Wreck! and glad you can finally use the N64 controller for emulation Wink
how's the rumble and mempak beta support tool?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't actually downloaded the beta materials from the website. I don't have any use for the Mempak for emulation, and don't own a Rumble Pak, either. It might be nice to check out at some point, however.

One thing that really sucks about this, but I think it applies to the keyboard as well, is that you can't aim diagonally. What I mean is, if you bring up the sight and attempt to look up and to the right, it won't move. You can only look in one direction, not a combination. I don't know if it is a "too many buttons used at once" kind of thing, or something deeper.

Other than that, it really is working great. It makes it feel a heck of a lot more like the console. Sometimes I forget that I'm supposed to use the controller, and catch myself using the keyboard when the game first begins. Razz

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
One thing that really sucks about this, but I think it applies to the keyboard as well, is that you can't aim diagonally. What I mean is, if you bring up the sight and attempt to look up and to the right, it won't move. You can only look in one direction, not a combination. I don't know if it is a "too many buttons used at once" kind of thing, or something deeper.

That sounds quite bad. It shouldn't happen, in my opinion. It never happened to me with any controller adapter, not even with KB. I suggest you start diagnosing it with the Game Controllers control in control panel. See if both axes can be read at the same time.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If your useing the one that pj64 came with call jabo conthler plugin thats the one wud not alaw me to ame diagonally. I think you sud use the one that mupen64 come with i forgot whats it call tho i think it sud alaw you to ame then.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: