ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

A bit of help with that combined editor.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Antares_Commander
Agent
Agent

Location: In space, fightingg the Galactic Empire under the Emperor, whilst trying to figure out the PD editor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: A bit of help with that combined editor. Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I downloaded it off GEVault, and I'm not sure what to do to start it up...

I double click(in effect, opening) The Perfect editor(or the ge one for that matter), and I get

"This application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

I'm not sure if I just did something wrong during installation, but if you can help me, can I have some tips? I'm re-downloading it now.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you grab the VC2008 redistributable off the editor page? Here's the link if you didn't:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en

If you're running Windows Vista/7, you'll also need to install Direct X 9.0c. This is separate from your DX10/11 installation, so don't worry about accidentally messing that up by installing it:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

you ether need DX9 or VS2008 x86 thes can all be download

Antares_Commander
Agent
Agent

Location: In space, fightingg the Galactic Empire under the Emperor, whilst trying to figure out the PD editor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay... now it says d3dx9_30.dll could not be found.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It should be in dir as d3dx9_30useifrequired.dll, rename to d3dx9_30.dll and try again

Antares_Commander
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright... I think this is just my computer`s fault, but the visual editor doesn`t load. I`d say my computer just isn't able to take it.

P.S. 1st time ever posting with my dsi. =D

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How long did you wait? On my slower computer the visual editor takes ages to get going.

Antares_Commander
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thing is, I'm not the one closing it, the music starts up, outline of the window sits there, then poof, both the vis. and original editor windows go on vacation. If it is my computer, then thankfully, I'm getting a new video card so I can play a new game.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

After it goes on vacation, if you wait 30 seconds does it come?

Antares_Commander
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No. You know what I meant. It closes. Itself.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You need to run as administrator, right click properties, on one of tabs choose run as administrator

Antares_Commander
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You mean in a windows xp?

Edit:I have never heard of administrator mode.

Edit2:I GOT IT! And... why is air force one sideways?! Seriously, I just want it so all the presidental bodyguards don't auto-die. I know they do. I psychosis gunned all of them, brought them to mr president, he ashumed I had some, and they all died. You just hear all these guns fall to the floor, anfd walk down to collect 500 bullets o ammo. ... That and I wanted true WAR! with the skedar. +3 Maians with 2 phoenixes?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You should be able to do that. What did you need to do to get it to work?

Antares_Commander
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The visual editor? Random, actually. Sometimes the emulator gets stuck loading multiplayer levels. TheGuards? An educated guess would be figuring out which action block auto-kills mah secret service and guys in red, and the punching steward. (Yes, I recruited him to... only to see him die. Mad )

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: