ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE:X - First Preview Patch Released! 03-27-10
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: GE:X - First Preview Patch Released! 03-27-10 Reply with quote Back to top

This is the very first preview release of the GoldenEye porting project. The end goal is to take everything from GoldenEye and put it into Perfect Dark. Why, you ask? Because the Perfect Dark engine is an enhanced version of GE's. Many new things are possible running on this engine.

Combat Simulator offers players a chance to play what would normally be considered multiplayer mode all by themselves - against computer controlled opponents. New scenarios are available, such as: King of the Hill, Capture the Flag, Hacker Central and Pop a Cap. PD even allows for better customization of player settings. Characters can also have heads swapped, so nothing can prevent you from using the Terrorist's head on Boris' body. If all of the excellent features that the Combat Simulator has to offer isn't enough, think about some of the great upgrades that could be made to missions...

Weather elements, suns and moons, interactive lighting, guards who can see through and over railings, character speech and voice overs, and many others. Want to play with a friend? No problem! Both Co-operative and Counter-Operative modes are accessible.

It's going to take time, but hopefully this preview will be enough to demonstrate just how awesome an already incredible game could become. This is GoldenEye... like you've never experienced it before.

Download:
http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=202

Apply the XDelta Patch to an unbyteswapped NTSC Perfect Dark v1.1 ROM.
You can use the Perfect Dark / GoldenEye Editor at the GoldenEye Vault.

http://www.goldeneyevault.com/

- Wreck

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Preview 1A: March 27th, 2010 (03.27.10:1)

Levels:
*Temple
**Caves
***Library
****Egyptian

notes:
*Temple is the original from GE, not the Classic version found in PD.
**Caves has some clipping issues in a few areas, mostly slopes.
**Caves also has a portal problem between rooms 08 and 09 - not game ruining, though.
***Library does not have any cases setup at this time, expect them in next release.
***Library seems to have bad RGB in some of the Stack rooms.
****Egyptian has six places you can accidentally fall out of the map... can you find them?
****Egyptian is the only current map to support sims, but requires path network updating / extension.

Weapons:
PP7 Special Issue
DD44 Dostovei
Klobb
KF7 Soviet
ZMG (9mm)
D5K Deutsche
*Phantom
AR33 Assault Rifle
RC-P90
*Golden Gun
Hand Grenade
**Timed Mine
**Proximity Mine
**Remote Mine
***Body Armor

notes:
The unmarked weapons are the Classics from PD.
Weapons use incorrect aimers, some have colourized tracers, and sims may have trouble in certain situations.
*Both ported guns have out of place muzzle flares, which will need to be remedied.
**The mines are only prop modifications, as the in-hand model still exists from PD. Same for Hand Grenade.
***The Shield has been replaced by the full Body Armor, though it still acts as a shield.

Characters:
*James Bond (Tuxedo)
Natalya (Russia)
Trevelyan (Janus)
Moonraker Elite w/ Joe 2 Head
**Terrorist Head

notes:
The GE characters can be found in the Dinner Jacket slots, just prior to Joanna Combat.
Blood stain data needs adjusting on all but the Terrorist head and Joe 2's head (on Moonraker Elite).
*Bond uses the PD Dinner Jacket body, so his head is off slightly.
**Terrorist head replaces the Shock Trooper head.

Scenarios:
*Flag Tag
*Capture the Flag

notes:
*These basically just swap the Briefcase model for the Flag Tag Token.

Known Bugs / Glitches...

PD Heads:
You may find some heads with incorrect textures. This is from an early test port and was never updated. It will be resolved in future releases. For the time being, avoid using those heads when playing in the Combat Simulator. Joanna Combat's arms and the dataDyne Secretary's skirt also have replaced images.

GE vs. PD Heads:
Putting a head from one game onto the body from another usually results in floating heads. This is just the way the games set things up, so there is no way around it. Brosnan's head was repositioned to better suit the Dinner Jacket body, which is why it won't sit on another GE body properly.

GoldenEye Firearms:
There's some issues with these. They use the wrong crosshairs, some have funky coloured tracers, sims may have difficulty operating them under certain circumstances, and the newly ported guns need their muzzle flare relocated. The Golden Gun isn't as noticable, but you'll definitely see it with the Phantom. Because of re-ordering, some of the PD weapons are now in the old Classic slots. As a result, they can't be used by sims and also have their secondary functions locked out.

Simulants:
I've allowed simulants to spawn into each of the four maps, but they'll only function in Egyptian. The original path network was able to be used, even though it needs some tweaking. The other three maps never had them setup for character AI, as they were strictly multiplayer levels.

Caves:
There's a portal error between rooms 08 and 09, which is due to overlapping architecture. They set a special flag for it in GoldenEye, but it doesn't seem to work in Perfect Dark. Hopefully we'll be able to force the two rooms to be lit at the same time and prevent this from occuring in the next update.

Library:
There are no cases setup at this time. The other three maps have them, however. This will be taken care of shortly.

Headers/Dividers:
Because I wanted to have everything (or mostly everything) unlocked from the start of the game for new users, some of the menu headers and dividers may be missing. The rely on certain flags to be set in order to be shown. I think I fixed it in the Levels menu, but not the Scenarios.

Credits:
Wreck: Props, weapons, characters, level files, general editing.
SubDrag: The man with the tools. Without him, we wouldn't have any ported levels.
Dragonsbrethren: Caves clipping, helpful suggestions.
Radorn: Early testing of weapons on backup device.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fantastic stuff Smile Did you intend for this to be on the vault? My hunch says yes.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, please add it there when you have some time. It'll be getting updated every so often with new content. Hopefully it gets a good response. I know it's still only early, but shows the great potential this project has.

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

great, Wreck.

I hope I can get arsed to provide some hardware testing for you on this one this time, unlike the last time Razz

anyway, judging by the screens, it looks fantastic.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I added it to the vault - and it's featured Cool Now time to play it!

EDIT: Just played it, and am wowed!!! I think we should probably add GE's music back, and I might be able to add GE's instruments back as well, if that's what we want.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My first feature on the Vault! Very Happy

Yeah, I shot a PM over to Kode-Z to see if he'd be able to help out with the music side of things. If you've got any ideas, feel free to try something out. The music, as well as some other sounds, will really add that extra "oomph" that the port needs. I noticed certain door operation sounds aren't present, which sucks. Hopefully can get all that stuff over without much hassle.

I really wanted to get something released before going for another week to my brothers, so wasn't able to add the cases to the Library. I also need to figure out about the armour (as additional weapon) in certain maps, and update some other things. It's only the first preview, anyway. Everything will be taken care of in time.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is byfar the best mod i ever seen for Pd Wreck i love it Very Happy

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I really wanted to get something released before going for another week to my brothers, so wasn't able to add the cases to the Library. I also need to figure out about the armour (as additional weapon) in certain maps, and update some other things. It's only the first preview, anyway. Everything will be taken care of in time.

Will you be working on it while you're away? Because if not, I can add the path networks and case positions in Library. You can always tweak them if you don't like them.

I knew you wanted to release this, but not so soon. I've been working on an updated LmiscE that probably could've been worked into this release. I'll finish it up and shoot it over to you so it can go in the next one.

Ha, I just played this in the tweaked version of 1964 that can run GE and PD at 60 FPS. This has certainly made me forget about the XBLA version's existence. Razz

Last edited by Dragonsbrethren on Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Video Preview (Mad Li'l Alec vs. Sims in Egyptian)

Edit: "This video is still being processed. Video quality may improve once processing is complete."

I sure hope so, it's pretty terrible looking right now. I probably should've used a higher bitrate since it's so short, but the video here before uploading already looks great, with very few artifacts. If I need to, I'll redo it, but I hope I don't. Even with this hardware upgrade, I'm not sure if I can handle capturing HD-quality video (I can't even do 720P with this monitor, it's not widescreen, it'll get distorted vertically...).

Edit 2: Conversion finished, it looks much better than the original, so check it out again if you saw it while it was still converting.

Last edited by Dragonsbrethren on Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:39 am; edited 3 times in total

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you dont mind if i help to Wreck and if i can help how hard will it to port the Facility muti and all its guns and ammo in PD?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Shouldn't be hard at all, really. Sub's done an excellent job with the editor, you can scale the background and portals, and import those into Perfect Dark. You can even convert the GE setups to PD setups and pads files. The only thing that requires manual editing is the clipping, and even that is mostly automated, you just need to set the walkability on slopes and visibility flags on railings and such, plus remove the useless tris that aren't needed (even that is optional, but it results in a lower filesize, so it's a good idea).

Wreck would likely need to port the brown automated door and bathroom stall door over for you (I don't think he's done those yet, I know he did the gray swinging door), but other than that I think you could do everything else yourself. Textures might be a bit of a problem, so you should probably coordinate on those.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok ill get to work on it.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do you know what to do? I'm not sure if the editor's documentation has been updated for this. Here's a quick guide:

Open Facility in the setup editor, GE mode.
Open the visual editor, switch to room positions mode and choose the option to scale the background.
Leave the default scale alone (this will give you as close to a 100% accurate port as possible), save to a folder on your computer.
Switch to portals mode, scale the portals the same way, then export to a text file.

Now switch the editor into PD mode. Create a new setup, stage doesn't really matter except for testing it.
Open the visual editor, switch to room positions mode, and chose the option to export a full BG file.
Select the roompositions.txt from the scaled Facility export.
If everything went well, you'll have a weirdly textured Facility in the visual window.
File -> Save As Project, save it somewhere.
Switch to portals mode, import the scaled portals.
Switch to clipping mode, delete all of the clipping.
Switch to room positions mode again, convert every tri to clipping (if this is too much for your PC to handle, do it on a room-by-room basis, saving after each one)
Now switch back to clipping and use the menu to set the properties for tiles that need them. Unwalkable should be red in the editor, walkable yellow, and railings are cyan I think.

Save the project frequently, of course, in case something goes wrong.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I got to ask is thar a Buttem to click to be abel to Convert GE to PD BG File?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not exactly. You need to scale in GE and save it. When you import the roompositions.txt file from that save in PD mode, the editor will convert it to a PD background when importing it. Brilliant little setup Sub has. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: