ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Cetan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Antares_Commander
Agent
Agent

Location: In space, fightingg the Galactic Empire under the Emperor, whilst trying to figure out the PD editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Cetan Reply with quote Back to top

What do the Cetan look like? I mean, Skedar warriors don't just kill themselves, do they, and I didn't see the Cetan ship defending itself either.

While we are going over the ship, whats with them mini-Skedar anyways?

P.S. Finally! There was a temporary time where my posting of this topic said "no post mode specified"

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We have no idea, we never see a Cetan in the game. They scuttled the ship millions of years before the start of the game, so they're probably all dead. The mini Skedar are a bit of a mystery, I've never really understood those either.

Antares_Commander
Agent
Agent

Location: In space, fightingg the Galactic Empire under the Emperor, whilst trying to figure out the PD editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nobody knows of any concept art perhaps? And the game says that

"and avoided the Cetans themselves, Joanna and Elvis..."

So I believe there are at least some Cetan left. Unless the ship is the only Cetan left.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Strange, you're right, it does say that. I had forgotten about that line entirely. It's definitely written in a way that makes it sound like you fight actual Cetan creatures, and not the ship.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In original beta, or whatever, the Cetan was the ship, and it was alive.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, even the final version mentions the Cetan ship being sentient. The thing is, the interior was clearly designed for someone to operate it, so I always assumed the Cetan were the race that controlled the ship, and not the ship itself, even if the ship was biological. Living ships are nothing new for sci-fi.

radorn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you read the in-game "documentation" that can be found arroun Carrington Institute (not the mission), I think somewhere it said that the "mini skedar" you mention are actually the real skedar, and that the big ones are just a mini skedar inside a bio suit shaped like them but bigger.
I think there also was something about this causing them to have size complex which was explained to be the cause for their aggressivity xD.
Can't be arsed to search it myself at the moment.
If you can't find it in the USA rom try European.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Skedar are a warlike alien race who have fought the Maians for centuries and have only recently agreed to a ceasefire. They tend to use mechanized armatures to walk about and fight in, since they are in actual fact smaller, snakelike creatures. Very aggressive - they have made war a religion - and are extremely devout.

I always took the snakelike description to refer to the "tails" that stick out of the back of their heads. Shooting them there will kill them in one hit, which makes a lot of sense if that's part of their actual body rather than their armor. The mini Skedar have the exact same features as the larger ones, just colored a bit differently, so they must be armored as well.

Antares_Commander
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On the mini skedar subject, I once had the idea that the mini skedar were cetan biological defense drones that the skedar based their war suits on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: