ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[XBLA] New "features" to be added.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: [XBLA] New "features" to be added. Reply with quote Back to top

Due to feedback from the fans of PD, Rare have listened to us (at last!) and have decided to do an update for PD XBLA in late April.

New options include an aim sensitivity toggle, the ability to swap the trigger's functions and the secondary fire reset. Also, SouthPaw and Legacy controls have been added!

http://twitpic.com/1cfboa

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank gosh for secondary function non-reset. It's complete arrogance and stupidity they thought they knew better.

I also wish they'd make challenge show both screens in multi Sad

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They should also fix the two-handed Classic weapons when only one is held. It was setup incorrectly in the original, so makes sense that it made it into the XBLA version. I managed to fix it in GE:X, but need to check to see what the exact flag that did it is. It looks really weird holding a KF7 or AR33 in only one hand. Glad to see they're listening.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@SubDrag: I totally agree with you on this one! It's such a simple but important thing to leave out. Maybe it was overlooked?

@Wreck: Definitely. I doubt that it is worthy enough of a change to incorprate in the game. (At least in their point of view anyway!) Maybe that's what makes it "Classic", seeing as GE had duel weilding of all weapons?

Also, there are a few other things that need to be ironed out - one major thing being the fact that if you play the Challenges over LIVE, only the host gets the credit for completion of them.

oldyz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Thank gosh for secondary function non-reset. It's complete arrogance and stupidity they thought they knew better.

I also wish they'd make challenge show both screens in multi Sad

To tell the truth - that patch would not even be a nescessary thing
if they just have had made the "secondary fire mode " button
work like it is description:

Press this button and the secondary fire or action happens

if they did not want this to happen , then make it a "hold" button
"hold this button to fire in secondary mode"

oldyz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
They should also fix the two-handed Classic weapons when only one is held. It was setup incorrectly in the original, so makes sense that it made it into the XBLA version. I managed to fix it in GE:X, but need to check to see what the exact flag that did it is. It looks really weird holding a KF7 or AR33 in only one hand. Glad to see they're listening.

It would be nice they fix it and show the hands holding the classic heavy weapons.

By the way i never asked - is it possible to add this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1uTNckHMO4&fmt=22
way later on to goldneye X?

with the dual weapons gameshark codes i see that the game renders hands and weapon models to the left too
(one mistake the game has is that the magsec in the left hand is a mirror image and not the correct weapon just in a left hand)

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Amazing, I never thought they'd actually bother fixing it up. Guess I'll tell my friend it's safe to buy in April, if he gets his 360 fixed. I might actually be able to enjoy playing it with these changes implemented.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: