ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Hidden Phoenix in Area 51: Rescue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Hidden Phoenix in Area 51: Rescue Reply with quote Back to top

A lot of you might know this one, but for those of you who don't, I will explain.

Well, as you know, you can usually manipulate the guard into opening locked doors... via cloaking device. Well, that is when this trick comes in handy. Once you go to the first elevator up, theres a door on the far right, guarded by only one guard. This part of area 51 [Behind the locked door] is not used in the level what so ever, which makes this find very odd. Use the manipulation trick and trick him to opening the door for you. Once you get in, go up the ramp, and walk all the way to the elevator. Go up the elevator, and go to the top. Once you get up top, go through the doors, to the area where you would normally win the level in Maian SOS. Well, if you go to the glass, there is a table, and voila, on the table, there is a phoenix!

Did RARE actually think people would get into this door and put that there as an easter egg?

Picture will be posted soon.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's not the intended way of doing it. During Infiltration, there's a guy standing near the lone interceptor you need to destroy inside the main gates. You need to lure him away from it and knock him out. This will set an EEPROM flag, and he'll now appear behind the doors you mention in Rescue. As soon as you approach them he'll open them for you.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah, I've done that before. I always kill him Razz But seriously, thats kind of mysterious they would put a phoenix there. But it seems they put it there for a purpose

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say that it is probably a combination of a fun easter egg, given to players who don't just go around killing everybody in sight, and part alternative means of destroying the weakened section of wall. If you somehow manage to destroy the hovercrate and lose the only Dragon left in that area of the map, you can shoot the wall with the Phoenix's Explosive Shells.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah. But the phoenix is like, hidden WAYYYY back into a usually, in accessed area.

radorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

whoa. never knew about this. I always killed that ****er anyway. I did see the blue pointer, but for some reason I thought it was just some bug/glitch since nothing special happened when I killed him anyway.
I guess I was careless.

fantsu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Intended.
If you don't alert the guards and go to the door, the guy will open it for you to get phoenix. Unless you killed him in the first mission of course...
I tought that this was common knowledge?

Yurei
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

fantsu wrote:
Intended.I tought that this was common knowledge?

So did I!
I only use the Phoenix whenever I attempt the "Play as Elvis" cheat. Extremely efficient weapon, combined with Scanner-X allows you to shoot guards through certain ceilings. (I mostly think of the second elevator, right before the destroyable wall.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: