ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[Map] Cradle - November 7th, 2010
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: [Map] Cradle - November 7th, 2010 Reply with quote Back to top

A comparison shot between the original GoldenEye 007 and GoldenEye: X Cradle...

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

"Why can't you just be a good boy and die?"
Trevelyan is no longer restricted from firing over railings...

Here's a shot of the map being played with 2-Players (only floor clipping exists)...

I don't want to post anything about this in the GE:X Project forum, because the map is really being a disappointment right now. The converted clipping is causing me to fall to my death so many times, it is ridiculous. It seems like certain ramp connections are the worst part. You also feel like you're slugging your way through a swamp on one of the upper catwalks. Reminds me of when we first had the PD clipping going and I tried doing Cuba. But the biggest concern... bullet travel. Some may remember that projectiles would fly through the machinery "housing" sections, if tossed / launched at it from an upper area. Well, it's worse here. Bullets and projectiles won't even make contact with the architecture when crossing room thresholds. My best guess would be portals (or lack thereof) are to blame. But how the hell are you supposed to properly portal Cradle? Portals may also be an issue with the clipping, as I've experienced similar results when portals are incorrect.

So, at this time, the Cradle isn't looking very promising.
I do have the setup converted over (and touched up, with the extra two weapon sets included), the textures all in, and the sky should be the right colour.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Last edited by Wreck on Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:34 pm; edited 5 times in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I thought this looked fun enough to share...

(the sky has since been corrected)

I hope we can work out the kinks in this map, as it has some decent potential. I would think that PD should be able to handle it a little better than GE, but only time will tell.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks great Wreck!

Cradle plays a big part to the GE story, so it does need to be in the conversion! I'm sure that it will be sorted in a matter of time!

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Those SETI dumbasses... Millions of hours of search for ET generated radio signals and they can't find an actual alien at their own facilities... xD

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing

Too bad about the clipping issues. Have you checked it out and made sure the floor tiles weren't spanning multiple rooms? Maybe GE was more lenient about it than PD?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know a lot of architecture doesn't line up exactly in cradle.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There is a fairly good chance they never deleted the nifty trick that allows portalless stages. After all, portal code wasn't changed very much. If you poke around the code, there may just be a way to reactivate that.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They didn't delete that feature. No portals = whole level visible. Also, it's not a bug, it's intentional on Rare's part Wink

radorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

whoa, really?
I did a little test level in GE which was 4 rooms without portals and I could only see the room I was in :S

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You must've had a portal then, geometry backwards, bad bgfile, bad clipping.

radorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it was that test level I made for when you modified the OBJ importer to work with SU's strange g formatting.
it had no portals, clipping seemed to work. I don't know what you mean with "geometry backwards" and about the quality of the BG file I couldn't say...

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believe that issue is fixed now you had before.

radorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What issue are you saying is solved now, SketchUp OBJ import or no-portals visibility?

radorn

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was wondering if background scenery similar to or exact to the one made by monkeyface and DF Ank1 could or should be used in this level. You know, the satellite dish and mountains. It looked quite awesome.

radorn wrote:
What issue are you saying is solved now, SketchUp OBJ import or no-portals visibility?

As stupid as the question could have been, I'm still waiting for confirmation, Sub Wink

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't tried it since upgrading my PC, but that background hack for Cradle made an already slow mission experience massive slowdown. I'd rather not include it if it's going to do that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: