ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[Characters] Two The Rescue: April 26th, 2010

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: [Characters] Two The Rescue: April 26th, 2010 Reply with quote Back to top

After learning that Dr. Doak was working with MI6 during the destruction of the Arkangelsk chemical weapons facility, General Ourumov ordered his men to abduct him. Hoping to gain information that could be used against the enemy, the good doctor was brought to a winery in Russia, where he was to be "interrogated". Learning of his disappearance, 007 was dispatched to locate and rescue his colleague. Doak was able to bravely fight off the pain and keep quiet until Bond's arrival. He is now back at MI6, recovering from the traumatic event.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This project is just getting better and better, fanastic work wreck they look brilliant. love the picture and the story to go with it!
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

radorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I love these little stories you come up with for when you present/release something
Also wonder how disturbing it is to hear Bond speaking with Joanna's voice LOL

And, as always, great work Smile

What do you use to make these "shops" (border, logo, subtitles)? Some fullfledged editor like PS or an "easy" proggy?

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow! Incredible.

Love the project so far.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks guys.
I can't just slap up a picture and not include some kind of story or caption to go along with it. It helps add to the overall presentation, and might even make it seem more interesting to the reader.

I use Adobe Photoshop 6.0 for most of my images. MS Paint does the job for simpler things, but anything that I want to spruce up and add text to, I use Photoshop. Finally settled on a GE:X logo, so it'll probably start appearing more frequently in my upcoming pictures.

Oh, and it's actually more disturbing to see Bond with a very effeminate walk. Razz

radorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lol, didn't think of that. I would actually "like" to see it xD
Speaking of which, I always found it disturbing how extremelly "maleish" (I don't think "manly" would be the right word here) PD "standard" walk animation is, like in the CS character selection... makes the female characters look beyond tomboyish :S

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And to a reply to bond speaking like Joanna, why not replace Bond with Natalya?

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Im sure I read somewhere here that PD bodies use 2 textures for bodies, if this is right then Will you or someone at a later date probably make these into 2 textures?

Again If Im right Im also sure someone else said they didn't notice the differance between GE and PD bodies but looking at that shot, I now do see that PD body textures were sharper.

Howerver If Im wrong then it must just be my imagination and its a bad angle for the textures to show.

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I replaced Jo with Bond (Formal) and Carrington with Dr. Doak strictly for that screenshot. They replace different people in the actual GE:X ROM. Bond only sounds or moves like a female when replacing another character who uses feminine animations or voice overs.

PD bodies (well, the vast majority) use multiple images to texture different areas of the body. A front torso could use up to four, whereas a GE body only uses one. The result would be (or should be) a cleaner looking character. However, like in GoldenEye, some look better than others. The Dinner Jackets in PD use the original formula, and really look just as good as most of the other bodies. Taking the chest image and splitting it up, resizing each one, and redoing the texturing, would be more work than it's worth, and has a higher probability of looking worse than a straight port. You'd need completely new, higher quality images. And with all of this effort, we'd be better off making new characters.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow this this looks so cool Wreck

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great to see Doak in PD, Wreck!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: