ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[XBLA] Whelp, it's out...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi QuestMaster
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Such a disappointment; I was expecting this game to shine.

Speaking of shine; are glares of lights still annoying on this? (I used to purposely shoot all the lights because of this)

Yurei
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As a Perfect Dark hardcore fan, I had to play it.
What to say? Plenty of things.

Firstly, I'm amazed at the models and texturing. I mean.. wow. Simply fantastic.

But what made me love the game? Gameplay. And I must say the double joystick controls are well done. Great improvement over sensivity and over all aiming, definitely what I was looking forward to. Also the very smooth framerate. Man honestly, this is win on so many points. However as SubDrag says, took me a while to get and memorize the controls.

Online mode is definitely a great addition. Challenges, counter-op and coop. Just pure awesomeness.

I loved it, honestly!

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Memorising the new control layout was a sleight pain.

With the original N64 version, we already knew the control layout like the back of our hands because of GoldenEye - which made the experience more easy to get along with.

One stick controllers - those were the days!

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
One stick controllers - those were the days!

Thet wus the best gameing days of my life not kening at all

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Whelp, it's out... Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
The controls took a LOT of getting used to, they've changed some, despite calling it classic (I find this annoying)...

With the new update, if you toggle the "Legacy" in the Advanced Controls option, this would replicate the Analog stick/C-Buttons layout to the left and right sticks!

There seems to be a problem with the sniper rifle and Farsight aiming, though. Maybe it would be corrected in the near future!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just watched two videos of the XBLA version being played. I don't like the makeover they gave Trent Easton. He doesn't have the same presence. They've actually changed most of the characters too much, to the point where they don't even resemble the originals anymore.

I also noticed that characters fall off into the darkness a lot. Seems as though the clipping tiles are making them go black. Even in places where they were lit fine on the N64, they get very dark in this one. I could barely make out Cassandra sitting in the G5 meeting room during the cinematic.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I just watched two videos of the XBLA version being played. I don't like the makeover they gave Trent Easton.

Trent Easton is my favorite character, and all they did is make him more fat and remodel the head. I was dissapointed =[

radorn

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

haha, they "souped up" Trent

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radorn wrote:
haha, they "souped up" Trent

*spits out what ever i was eating*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: