ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Are cheat devices out?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Are cheat devices out? Reply with quote Back to top

We're already in 2008, cheat devices such as GS/AR seems to be out since a long time cuz nowaday it's harder to find'em for ol consols (Snes, N64, etc.). And there's pretty nothing else to hack new generation consols because companies found many ways to eliminate hacking via justice and anti-hacking systems.

I wonder if hackers still hack games from ol consols today?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Supposedly there's wii hacking, there's def DS hacking. But yeah, PS and XBox are sadly done Sad I think hacking is certainly on the down and out, since it's pinnacle on N64.

Stalfos
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Wii Hacking Reply with quote Back to top

As old as this thread is, I thought it important to say how useful wii hacking is. There are many custom channels available, and many games available to play on Virtual Console that weren't released in the Wii Shop, because people use existing games released and inject similar ROMs into the file containing it.

As yet noone has got GoldenEye working, but I'm convinced that if I could permanently add Gameshark/Action Replay codes into the ROM I might be able to get this working.

sumbodyshero
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

do you guys even know what site you're on?! hacking is better than ever!

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: NO WAY ;) Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing can replace the classic feel of the console being able to run levels on its own. Citadel is the first level that plays seemlessly via a gameshark and it actually overwrites the ROM while it's running!!! Until ALL levels are modded and done this way I will never give up bugging the crap out of my ole hacking partners until we give GE the attention she deserves now that it can actually be done!!! Cool

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: NO WAY ;) Reply with quote Back to top

MultiplayerX wrote:
Nothing can replace the classic feel of the console being able to run levels on its own. Citadel is the first level that plays seemlessly via a gameshark and it actually overwrites the ROM while it's running!!! Until ALL levels are modded and done this way I will never give up bugging the crap out of my ole hacking partners until we give GE the attention she deserves now that it can actually be done!!! Cool

Lolnecro and see Goldfinger 64 if you wanna see progress on a total game conversion.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i thank Goldfinger64 Wus the Frst biggst mod ever and maybe Brack a how new level of hacking guys

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It seriously doesn't help that modern computers can't connect to old cheat devices.

As for hacking in general nowadays, you see a lot more PC based stuff. It's probably the level of knowledge required to do anything really nifty that keeps more people out of it.

Oh, and on that note...
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hack the shark again, eh. It would be cool if could get a game loading on there and then hack it using old tools for old time's sake

Antares_Commander
Agent
Agent

Location: In space, fightingg the Galactic Empire under the Emperor, whilst trying to figure out the PD editor

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

maybe... but I know there are 2-3 editors out for super smash brothers brawl, 1 or 2 for new super mario bros wii. I have seen the super hookshot (hook shot with infinite range, faster-than-light speed, and hooks onto just about everything.) and super spinner (freedom to go higher/lower/hover, infinite flight time) for Twilight princess on the wii.

I'm done talking now, seeing as I can't hack a byte.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: