ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Please help with a newbie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Please help with a newbie Reply with quote Back to top

I'm really sorry to ask such a basic question, and believe me I've tried to do everything that seemed right, but I need help here.

See, I want to add the Goldeneye and Perfect Dark stuff to the ROMs, so I can play them on an emulator, but though I've downloaded the editor (today, 13/5/2010, so I assume it's the latest version, the GE ABOUT screen says 2.4.30 (Build Apr 7 2010), from http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=37 ), but I can't apply a patch to the ROM.

Could someone please talk me through adding, say, the Chicago Streets patch, at:

http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=3846

http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=162

as I had this working on my Equaliser on my N64, so I'd like to see that one first. Please take me step by step through which options to use. I thought I'd just have to use something like

OPEN ROM, then APPLY PATCH, then SAVE ROM, but it's of course a lot more complicated than that, and whilst you all know the program extensively, it's more than a little intimidating to us non-techie people.

Or is there another (easy to use) program, that just takes the ROM file, and the patch file, and combines the two automatically?

Thanks for any answers.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To save your changes, you don't have to generate a patch, you know. Or are you just trying to know how to apply one or something?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll try and walk you through it...

When you open up the Editor, make sure you're in Perfect Dark mode. I don't know if it is absolutely necessary, but I've had trouble finding certain files when not in the right mode. Anyway, if you start in GoldenEye mode, go to "Tools", then click on "Switch Editor Game (GE/PD)". It'll switch over quickly.

Once in PD mode, click on "Tools". From the menu, hover over "XDelta Patching". Another side menu will appear. Choose "Apply PD XDelta Patch" out of the list.

It will open a new window, asking you to select your normal PD v1.1 ROM. It is important that you pick a clean, unmodified one. After you've chosen it, it will then ask that you find the XDelta patch you wish to apply. Browse through your folders and select it. After that, you're asked to enter a name for your new ROM. Type in a name of your choosing and place it wherever you like. After a few moments, the ROM will be patched and ready to play.

With your emulator of choice, find the ROM and start it up. You may want to put it in your emulators ROM directory, so you can make any edits to the ROM settings, which is necessary for a few emulators.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh and it may help if you tell us what Emulator your useing to cus some of them wont work with edit Rom.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for answering, sorry I haven't replied before, but since I'm currently commuting to work (if you've never done this, don't, it's rubbish) I'm staying at a mate's house a few days a week, and my XBox is at home (brought my N64 and laptop, though). I'm using Surreal 64 vCE 5.31 (on the XBox), and hopefully on Monday or Tuesday I'll get home and try it - I would have gone home yesterday, but we all went around town last night drinking, and I've been feeling fragile since I woke up Embarassed

Thanks for all your help, and I'll post any further results or questions.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Still not got home to try it (I hate agency work Evil or Very Mad ) hopefully get home tonight or tomorrow, so I'll try it then.

dickalan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've got this to work with relatively no problems. I didn't actually create my own hack but I just applied the ips or xdelta patches to the rom and ftp'd it to my xbox which is also using surreal 5.31. (the latest one by freakdave) anyway, they work! no need to do anything special just drag and drop them into your rom folder and make sure to hit Y to updated your rom list.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not grasping this :S I think I need to lie down.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I cant beleve your lay a hack Rom on a Xbox 360

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: