ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldenye 007 Wii CONFIRMED!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HackBond

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I liked the trailer.

Things I loved:
We get to see the Goldeneye in action!
Looks more stealthy.
The vent exit

New things Goldeneye64 didn't have:
Scaramanga and Oddjobs hat throw
Voices
Cutscenes

Things I hated:
"13" years.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

illd personaly be happier with the original GE,this looks like a typical fps but still might be fun but not as fun as the original, Just hope it dosnt flop and give the Golden Eye name a bad one

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
little baby piG
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i wish rareware would have never broken up, who knows what rareware could do these days with the same goldeneye team, with today's technology and standards.

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This might be the first game I buy for the wii, regardless of how it turns out. Although one thing I didn't like from the trailer was what appeared to be a radar for single player with what looks like arrows.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Camaro wrote:
Although one thing I didn't like from the trailer was what appeared to be a radar for single player with what looks like arrows.

I actually like this, it's about time FPS brought back maps. Always thought it was a regression how most games after Doom lacked one. Obviously I see the reason why, it just wasn't convenient once FPS games switched to true 3D, but a little holographic map in Bond's watch would not have felt out of place at all.

Yurei
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly, no and no. This trailer just helped me more in my thoughts of "This game will suck".

Look at the facts, it clearly does look like your average modern FPS with super realistic stuff that's not fun. Where is the good old fun GoldenEye that I loved to play for hours.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Am I the only one who can barely recognize GoldenEye in those trailers? I hate it. And what kind of universe is it ok to have Craig replace Brosnan?

Yurei
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Am I the only one who can barely recognize GoldenEye in those trailers? I hate it. And what kind of universe is it ok to have Craig replace Brosnan?

Exactly how I feel, I didn't recognize any level (Well only thing I recognized was the Facility vent, but hwo didn't..?).

Yeah it's like tennis without a ball. :p

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Really? Most of it takes place in Dam, I could recognize a lot of it. They even kept the swirling intro... There's some Facility, Surface, Archives, and Streets too.

Honestly I think this is what GoldenEye would've looked like if it could have. Realistic is exactly what they were shooting for originally, and it was the most realistic looking FPS at the time of its release.

radorn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know why the Dam, one of the brightest levels in the original game, has turned into a dark and rainy night, and a level that was supposed to be a hidden weapon factory, turned into a highly militarized base.

I'm highly skeptic, to say the least, on the gameplay qualities of this title.

little baby piG
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

this game is going to be dedicated towards the casual audience, it will require no skill, and its going to suck, just look at the trailer, this is so kiddy and scripted.....what a disgrace to goldeneye

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As much as I hate to be the "that guy" who points things out. This game is not even an actual remake of the game itself.. well it kind of is. Activision is calling it more of a mix of the movie and the game. Pretty much the additions the game made to the movie but with the atmosphere and events that would have taken place in the movie had those additions been there(or something like that.)

Also; for those complaining about the Wiimote; the game is Classic Control compatible. So if I do get this game; maybe I will enjoy it after all. This is also something else I want to point out, and I really hate to do this. We cannot exactly judge this game by the trailer; hell I did the same thing for Red Dead Redemption. I thought "Oh boy, another "Gun" game. What a great waste of money!" and now I'm hooked on the game. Not to mention, every single E3-Coverage video on YouTube I've seen that covers playing the demo of the game; all have the same general message: "It plays like the original but isn't the original". Which isn't really a bad thing if you actually think about. Besides at least people are
gonna be open to the game again.

One more thing, be glad that this is at least covering: GoldenEye 007 and not either another Rouge Agent title or Quantum of Duty. God knows what Activison would have done to this if they had the development of it.

So.. to sum this up for those who are too lazy to read all of this(like I would): Don't judge the game if you haven't played it.. please. You can go ahead and kill me for being the optimist. But I have a little bit of hope for it.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
As much as I hate to be the "that guy" who points things out. This game is not even an actual remake of the game itself.. well it kind of is. Activision is calling it more of a mix of the movie and the game. Pretty much the additions the game made to the movie but with the atmosphere and events that would have taken place in the movie had those additions been there(or something like that.)

Also; for those complaining about the Wiimote; the game is Classic Control compatible. So if I do get this game; maybe I will enjoy it after all. This is also something else I want to point out, and I really hate to do this. We cannot exactly judge this game by the trailer; hell I did the same thing for Red Dead Redemption. I thought "Oh boy, another "Gun" game. What a great waste of money!" and now I'm hooked on the game. Not to mention, every single E3-Coverage video on YouTube I've seen that covers playing the demo of the game; all have the same general message: "It plays like the original but isn't the original". Which isn't really a bad thing if you actually think about. Besides at least people are
gonna be open to the game again.

One more thing, be glad that this is at least covering: GoldenEye 007 and not either another Rouge Agent title or Quantum of Duty. God knows what Activison would have done to this if they had the development of it.

So.. to sum this up for those who are too lazy to read all of this(like I would): Don't judge the game if you haven't played it.. please. You can go ahead and kill me for being the optimist. But I have a little bit of hope for it.

I agree with you NapalNero. We sud not judge the game intill its out. But hey if we dont like this game what so ever we can hook up are N64 and play the old Goldeneye to if we want.

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Optimism vs Pessimissm.

fantsu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gamma wrote:
Optimism vs Pessimissm.

Realism vs Optimism
i say.
Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: